Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2016, 07:42 AM   #15

Thanks everyone for the advise and links. I have a lot of reading to do. It sounds like I am set for a while, I just need to make sure I take care of it. They are neat and clean with only two post/wires per battery. I have not had the chance to turn my inverter on and run the 110 with batteries yet.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2016, 10:14 AM   #16

i also just bought an Alfa Gold 2007..now i have the 6 battery setup.. the charging system on the Alfa's is a little different..as originally there was two battery's for the inverter and 4 batteries for coach and of course the two for the chassis that are in bay by rear wheels.. I think you should see how this was converted for the 4 12 v batteries..i dont know which control panel you have in the seeya but my gold has the RC7gs.. and lots of info on the yahoo groups forum about rewiring to one set and even upgrading the wiring as some is a little small.. with sthose bqatteries im sure who ever did it should have known but doesnt hurt to check, https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...tions/messages
Old 10-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #17

Welcome to the Alfa, Beenthere. I too, have the RC7gs. Mine is painted like a gold but it is not. I envy your 150 gl tank. I have the 1007 floor plan. Large slide/hall way.My Brother inlaw has a 2007 Alfa with the stock battery system so we get together and compare. I will have to track my cables down and see what it going on. I have two in the front. (one on each side) and two in the first bay on driver's side and two small ones in back. All maint free.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Four AGM's in my rig. One of the options offered on some '09 CC's was the ability to run the front heat pump off the battery bank, but you got 6 AGMs with that option.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
FWIW, I replaced my 6 volt flooded batteries with six 300 amp Lifeline batteries about 10 months ago. Instead of checking the water and cleaning them every couple months, I roll them out once every three months to see the terminals are just as clean as when I installed them. Then roll them back in. I paid under $1600 delivered to my door for the set and expect them to last me 8+ years. Under $200/year for more amps and no maintenance is a bargain.
Where did you get them? I'll need new ones next year and am looking now for good places to buy from.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #20

i have all my batteries in the front with three on each side of the gen set.and the chassis fywo in small bay by rear wheel. and im sure you will like the coach..lots of people say bad things about them, but not those that own them or have had. i really like the 4 foot shower with seat in mine.. i to like the fuel tank. and the FL chassis and 400hp ISL. pull my avalanche like nothing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgoodtimes View Post
Welcome to the Alfa, Beenthere. I too, have the RC7gs. Mine is painted like a gold but it is not. I envy your 150 gl tank. I have the 1007 floor plan. Large slide/hall way.My Brother inlaw has a 2007 Alfa with the stock battery system so we get together and compare. I will have to track my cables down and see what it going on. I have two in the front. (one on each side) and two in the first bay on driver's side and two small ones in back. All maint free.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
i also just bought an Alfa Gold 2007..now i have the 6 battery setup.. the charging system on the Alfa's is a little different..as originally there was two battery's for the inverter and 4 batteries for coach and of course the two for the chassis that are in bay by rear wheels.. I think you should see how this was converted for the 4 12 v batteries..
Actually, it was four batteries for the inverter and two batteries for the house/coach.

The OP should definitely check to make sure the 12v batteries are wired in one bank. Alfa's separate house and inverter battery banks was a terrible idea, and I would assume nobody installing your batteries would duplicate it, but check to make sure.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:00 AM   #22

Hi. Hope you don't mind me hoping on this post. My coach, 2015 Itasca, batteries are NAPA Marine/RV 12 v. Group 24 (I think) w/ 550 CCA in parallel. We bought the coach used about 6 months ago. I'm assuming the setup is from the factory but don't know for sure. The coach has a 45 amp converter.

The batteries appear to be in pretty good shape and I've removed, cleaned and charged them, but I'm looking for a way to keep them optimally charged. I've always used Battery Tender on my motorcycles, but investing this, I've also learned about Battery Minder and Progressive Dynamics(?). So the question is what charger, multi-stage, I'm assuming, is best and what do I do with the converter. Is there a way to isolate it from the batteries or does it even need to be.
Any help, thoughts, advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Upinsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:30 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
You have gotten some excellent advice on your house battery bank of four Lifeline AGM Batteries - GPL-8DL from some very knowledgeable members.

I envy your setup.

Here are two documents on the Internet that you should Bookmark and read a few times. It explains just about everything about batteries and your 12 VDC systems in your coach. It will also explain in detail about Amp Hour's (AH's).

There is also a section on Solar Charging and one on your Inverter and battery charger.

The 12 Volt Side of Life (Part One)

The 12 Volt Side of Life (Part Two)

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:24 AM   #24

Thank you guys so much for the info. It is priceless to me. I love doing every thing my self and I can't learn enough.

Tags
battery