Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What to leave on
Security cameras (hidden cameras that record any activity inside the RV, motion activated)
Converter: Depending on make and model, MOST modern Converters are ok to leave on.
Fridge: Optional

That is all folks.. Oh, if it's cold and you have water in the heater a HOT Rod is good too. I'd not leave a full 1200-1500 watt heater on but he Hot Rod is not that power hungry.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2017, 05:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Hmmm. 12 volt master? What is that?
On our entry panel just inside the door for lights, we have a switch that is 12 Volt Master. I assumed all coaches had something similar. It's just that, a switch that shuts down everything that would be on the 12V circuits that could be a draw on the batteries (if you loose power), as well as makes sure everything on 12V is off anyway.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:35 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Your suggestion about leaving the the heat and AC on will not work on a 15 amp circuit.
Like I said been doing it for 46 years with no problems. Just make sure the circuit is wired with 12-3 wire. and only run one AC.
Rkesselus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkesselus View Post
Like I said been doing it for 46 years with no problems. Just make sure the circuit is wired with 12-3 wire. and only run one AC.
The OP is sharing a 15 amp circuit. That would typically be wired with 14 gauge wire. Your 43 year experience is different.

Sent from my VS880 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:17 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Your suggestion about leaving the the heat and AC on will not work on a 15 amp circuit.
I guess it is stupid to beat a dead horse but if the electric installation is in a commercial location, renting spaces to RV's the elect. circuit should be a dedicated circuit per the Nation electric code. So if you get an amp meter and tests same you would solve our disagreement. Just trying to help.
Rkesselus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:27 AM   #20

I suggest leaving the inverter off. If you lose commercial power with a Residential Refrigerator, it will run the battery down in one day. At least my rig will.

Tags
storage