Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #29

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Missett View Post
If your talking about the FRONT wheel simulators they come off just like any hubcap and the nut covers have nothing to do with holding them on. The REAR simulators are removed by locating the nut covers that have the dimples in them and rocking them back and forth ( there are two on each wheel ) and they are held on by friction. Once you get them off you will see the retainer nuts that hold the simulator on the wheel. Be careful since the ones on the drivers side are left handed thread. That removal tool that Dicor sells to remove the retainer nuts is a worthless POS and will probably bend whenever you go to use it .
( ask me how I know LOL)
Not true!! My front covers are held on by 2 nuts just like the back ones.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2018, 03:58 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Not true!! My front covers are held on by 2 nuts just like the back ones.
Mine Too!

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:05 PM   #31

Hey folks, there are several different mounting systems for wheel liners and simulators. The OP is going to have to determine which style he has before he can properly remove them. Some unscrew, some pull off. Some have 2 nuts and some have 3 probably there are some with even more. A few may even be left handed threads.

Some are mounted using a rubber hammer just like cars used to be. There are probably other methods too. I don't think any of us can say exactly what method is used to mount the OP's liners/simulators.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:19 PM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
Proper size socket and yse your torque wrench. The unscrew and have a regular nut holding the wheels on. Retighten snug. Only the 2 heavy nuts hold the cap on.
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Hey folks, there are several different mounting systems for wheel liners and simulators. The OP is going to have to determine which style he has before he can properly remove them. Some unscrew, some pull off. Some have 2 nuts and some have 3 probably there are some with even more. A few may even be left handed threads.

Some are mounted using a rubber hammer just like cars used to be. There are probably other methods too. I don't think any of us can say exactly what method is used to mount the OP's liners/simulators.
Yes, there are a few different versions out there. My statement above about unscrewing the simulator nuts was made because the OP has the T handle wrench. If you look at his coach's manual, it shows a picture of the tool just beneath the other tire tools inside one of the storage compartments. This is the same set up my 03 Itasca has. Unfortunately, the manual doesn't cover r&r of the wheel covers themselves.

I would bet money the nuts are just too tight for that little wrench to handle. The right size socket and breaker bar will probably loosen them up with ease.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:55 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My coach came with both the tee handle tool and the pliers tool to remove the push-on type covers. My simulators(front and rear)have the 2 covers that unscrew. First time I removed them, I broke the already deformed tee handle tool. Threw it in the trash, added the correct socket to my tool box that already had a 1/2" breaker bar.
I'm waiting to find someone in a campground somewhere with the push on covers to gift the pliers tool to.
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote