Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereEric View Post
I bought house with a pool a few years ago and I refer it to a money pit. Always something to throw money at. New pool heater..$2000. Pool leak $1500. Pool pump $1500. Closing and opening...kinda like an RV, winterize and dewinterize. And chemicals...never ending money.
And mind you I live in Indiana where about 4 maybe 5 months are usable. And 2 of them have high gas bills unless you want to freeze your ass off. Lol
I'm going to figure out a boat, pool and RV money bucks.
Going to relocate south so I can at least use the stuff I have.
Got rid of my motorcycle, first time without one in over 40 years not having two wheels. Again, it got to expensive to just have it and only be able to use it 3 months. Sorry so extraneous.
Here in Florida I can use my pool about 10 months a year. On the other hand, any use of my RV means driving at least 6 hours to get to mainland, all flat land that I already know down here. To see a hill I have to go north of Atlanta. I like boondocking but is impossible due to heat for about 7 months (April to November) anywhere closer than 400 miles from home.
Danny Salas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2021, 01:10 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Salas View Post
Here in Florida I can use my pool about 10 months a year. On the other hand, any use of my RV means driving at least 6 hours to get to mainland, all flat land that I already know down here. To see a hill I have to go north of Atlanta. I like boondocking but is impossible due to heat for about 7 months (April to November) anywhere closer than 400 miles from home.

Hey Danny,
For a whole year I drove my Diesel rig up to the mountains from the PHX valley every weekend in the summer and about every 3 weekends in the winter! Yes a climb of thousands of feet to get away from the searing heat in the summer and to enjoy the mountains of northern AZ, UT etc. Then one day as we were driving past an RV park, kids wanted to stay there as it was late on a Friday... So I pulled in and we stayed there the whole weekend. While there I asked if they had a storage area and he said yes, and the rates were very very very reasonable. So thence on we would drive our jeep up to the rig and then take off from there. Some times staying a night in one direction at the campground in a site! Made so much sense and it was green too as well as a whole lot cheaper than driving the rig the whole way outa town and climbing almost 6000 feet!

So perhaps you can check the airplane routes/cheap tickets and set your rig someplace desirable for certain months of the year! In a year or two I plan on doing this across the country so that we can do a detailed look-see of various areas.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:01 PM   #129

We sold our bay house and both boats back in June. When we decided to buy our 45 DP, my wife was worried about the operating costs (insurance, maintenance, repairs, storage, etc.)

After a lot of research, I came to the conclusion it was a little more than the two boats, and way less than the two boats plus the bayhouse.

That said you do need to allow for the operating costs when making a decision.

Something will always need to be done.
GWBGE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 08:14 PM   #130

A bigger hole buy a better value if that is possible.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:35 PM   #131

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My two bits...Regarding the analogy of "a boat is a hole in the water..."an RV is a means to transport cash from the bank"...But loving it!...
Bigfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:09 PM   #132

GWBGE: "Something will always need to be done."

RIGHT you are, that feller Justin Case is a ruthless and pesky, always at the ready to cut your pockets from day one of ownership be it new to the world or new to you he just don't care. With most if not all RVs the warranty and service functions are so so outrageously weak that not only pockets get cut but so do accounts and that most precious thing of all, TIME!

Tags
money, water