Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you were going to buy...

A 40-43 ft class A what would you buy? We are looking for a reliable good quality new motorhome. While I realize anything rolling will have some maintenance issues we have more than our share of issues with slides, air leveling system, wiring harness etc, So if we trade, what would you buy? Want 3-4 slides, all electric, and king select comfort bed, aqua hot, and at least a Cummins 450 or higher engine. Thoughts?
Jafundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #2

Save a boat load of money and buy a great coach. Look at the Beavers. There's some late model Beaver's out there with few miles and in great shape. I'll be a bit bold and suggest their quality was top of the line. I'd suggest a 2007 so you can get a pre 2007-EPA engine.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #3

Jafundy,
We just ordered a new Entegra Coach Anthem. It has 4 slides and all the features you listed. All my research has been very positive and dealers tell me that for the features they carry they can't be beat. Have a look at their website and also do a lot of research. The model we ordered is the 42RBQ rear bath. It is a 43ft coach. Anthem is the mid range coach. There is also an Aspire line a bit lower and with a Freightliner Chassis brather than a Spartan. They also carry the Cornerstone a little higher end. If we hadn't gone with Entegra Coach it would have been Tiffin but all in all we liked the Entegra Coach. Can't tell you how it turns out because we don't have it yet. Picking up in June.

Bill

Bill
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #4

JaFundy,

It's real simple.

Go to a companies website or visit their factory. If they don't bolt/weld a steel cage directly to the frame to which the outside fiberglass is attached to and the inside cabinets/appliances/walls,etc are bolted to run in the opposite direction like a scared cat. You would be amazed at the number of "premium" coach builders(not talking about Prevost) that have their inside walls/appliances/cabinets bolted to wood walls.

Buyer beware. Cost doesn't not always equal quality.

NAVYBLUE
navyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Tiffin and Newmar, or Newmar and Tiffin.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Foretravel or Newell.

But, in reality I would not buy new.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
TOUR.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

My choice would be Tiffin or Entegra.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jafundy,
Consider Newmar. Go to Welcome to Newmar Motorhomes & RV | Newmar Corporation and take a look. Newmar mass produces in quantities of 1. You can get a lot of customizing when purchasing a Newmar coach.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #10

Depends on how much money you want to spend. With big budget look at Newell or one of the Prevost conversions. Under that a Foretravel or New Country Coach. We have a 42' Country Coach with most of your wish list on it that we really like a lot. Ron Lee will build you a new one if you want. Next step below that is Monaco and American Coach. A lot of people are saying good things about Entegra. We looked at them last summer at the FMCA rally and they seem to fit in with the Newmar, Tiffin, Wennebago group. But these are all just my personal opinions. To get a more authoritative view check in the the RVCG group. They (again my opinion) do a very accurate job of ranking build quality of motor homes. Some people dispute their evaluations but in my personal experience I found their disks to be invaluable when I was looking.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
The Tour 42QD has an excellent floor plan. I don't know of any others that are comparable. Too many coaches have the couches on each side of the living room, with the TV over there somewhere as an afterthought.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
Jafundy,
We just ordered a new Entegra Coach Anthem. It has 4 slides and all the features you listed. All my research has been very positive and dealers tell me that for the features they carry they can't be beat. Have a look at their website and also do a lot of research. The model we ordered is the 42RBQ rear bath. It is a 43ft coach. Anthem is the mid range coach. There is also an Aspire line a bit lower and with a Freightliner Chassis brather than a Spartan. They also carry the Cornerstone a little higher end. If we hadn't gone with Entegra Coach it would have been Tiffin but all in all we liked the Entegra Coach. Can't tell you how it turns out because we don't have it yet. Picking up in June.

Bill

Bill
These are well built coaches, same as the Travel Supreme quality. Just got home from a 4000 mile 7 week trip. We are really happy with our Cornerstone.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #13

Lots of very nice rigs mentioned...add American Coach, Fleetwood's luxury line.
hooverbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #14

Your profile is a little 'not there yet' so advise like mine may not be helpful. If, however, you live in an area where they have RV shows, GO. Pictures on the internet really don't do as much as actually sitting in some of the nicest coaches made. Money isn't everything. If you have a million to spend on a Prevost or Newell or high end Tiffin, go for it. And if you can spend that kind of money, go to the factory and have it built. Some places will even let you watch. Everyone likes their coach, so only you can decide and do it with your butt in the drivers seat.

But the true travelers are they who leave for leaving’s sake
Saying continuously, without knowing why: ‘Let us go on’.
Paraphrased from Baudelaire’s ‘The Journey’
thelastplace is offline   Reply With Quote