Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #1

Im 23 and starting

I own a business and want to go full time into rving.

I don't want to invest a lot immediately and would love some tips on what type of RV to get and where I can camp that offers a good wifi connection or clubhouse with wifi.

Thanks?
JJSureshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
23 and starting

First, you need to supply details if you want decent feedback.
  1. Where do you live?
  2. What type of business?
  3. Are you going to travel as a single?
  4. Do you have pet(s)?
  5. How often, and what distances will you travel, if you do?

All of these things will help determine what type, and how large an RV you will need. Since you posted on the Class A forum, is that your first choice?

Send us info!

Happy Trails!

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I spent about 5 years doing my homework for the info you are looking for. I don't regret one minute I spent and saved in money as a result.
How much camping have you done? The type of activities you like to do will dictate what type of RV to start with. Then try camping with the different floor plans or at least imagine you are camping when you go to dealership or shows. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:48 AM   #4

Renting a few variations may provide insight as to what may work.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #5

Agree with renting. You will learn a lot by renting class b's and A's. also use this site often as it covers nearly all aspects of RVing. Owning an RV is an exercise of managing risks as is a business startup. Good luck.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #6

Too much information missing to get much worthwhile feedback. Are you planning to run a business out of the RV? Are you planning to sell things at RV shows? How much is "not a lot"? A pick-up hauling a trailer with a garage to allow space for "goods" could work for an on-the-road business. But some detial on what you have in mind would let people give better advice.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #7

1. I live in Hampton Roads, VA but can travel anywhere at anytime.

2. A web development company, I also run a real estate business and do consulting/coaching via Skype.

3. Ill be bringing my girlfriend of 6 years. You could consider her my wife as we just don't do the whole marriage thing but are likely more committed xD
Old 05-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #8

4. No pets and will never have any.

5. Every few months to a different location in the US to park and work. Preferably with a membership or even the possibility of renting land or warehouses if its a must.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #9

6. The class a forum is really where I asked the question first but I'm comfortable in most RV layouts.

7. Nope I'll be doing web development, teaching, coaching, and sponsoring motorcycle events across the country.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now you see the benefit of posting a single thread in the appropriate place. You are having to tend to several and supply the same info coach
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #11

but I reach different people lol. I noticed some people only attend certain discussions but I will create a general thread if its a must.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSureshot
but I reach different people lol. I noticed some people only attend certain discussions but I will create a general thread if its a must.
I'm not a mod so I don't care how many threads you have going on roughly the same topic. Identical cross posting isn't allowed - but people do it. You haven't done that - but it gets difficult for some of us who are bordering on 3 x your age to grow weary of parsing our replies - you have my thoughts on credit. I'll see if I have anything to add in the others.
Happy travels.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSureshot View Post
I own a business and want to go full time into rving.

I don't want to invest a lot immediately and would love some tips on what type of RV to get and where I can camp that offers a good wifi connection or clubhouse with wifi.

Thanks?

Get a Motorhome if you are going to travel every few days. There are Class B, Class C, and Class A motorhomes. They range from 20' long to 45' long. You can buy a 20 year old rig for $10,000 or a brand new rig for $1.5 million.

If you will stay in one spot for months at a time and then travel only to relocate, a bumper pull trailer or a 5th wheel trailer and a pickup could be your ticket. You could get a Toyhauler 5th wheel to carry your motorcycles. An old one would cost about $5,000. A brand new 5th with towing truck could cost $250,000.

Most RV parks have wifi available. If you are a heavy internet user for your business, you would do much better with a broadband connection from ATT or Verizon for your business work. Park WIFI systems get overloaded and may have barriers to connection within the park.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

I'm not a mod so I don't care how many threads you have going on roughly the same topic. Identical cross posting isn't allowed - but people do it. You haven't done that - but it gets difficult for some of us who are bordering on 3 x your age to grow weary of parsing our replies - you have my thoughts on credit. I'll see if I have anything to add in the others.
Happy travels.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Thanks for the feedback, I haven't actually created another thread like this one, I'm merely saying this is the group I'm asking first as I prefer larger RVs/motorhomes.