Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I use the Q-100 and like it alot. All aluminum with a cast iron grate. It will handle 4 nice steaks or 6 burgers and is easy to clean. I usally use the 14 oz disposible bottles unless we setup for more than a weekend. Longer stays, I just connect to the RV tank. I have the stand for it and it folds for storage.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have the cuisenart all foods roll away and have not used it yet but it does fold to fit in the basement and when I first fired it up (to burn off all of the chemicals) it got up to 625 degrees! Unlike the Coleman, you can cook with the lid closed.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
I have a LODGE in my MH. It's cast iron, made in the USA! A little heavy, but it sears/grills great and with cast iron it holds the heat.. My home grill is a PRIMO, also made in the USA, Like a green egg, but oval shape for indirect and direct. google these 2 products, quality stuff!
outthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #18

I'm a green egg guy myself but they are too heavy and prone to breakage for a lot of travel. I have a Big Steel Keg, it is a double walled insulated metal version of the egg. It is the same mfg as the Acorn grills you see a Lowes, Chargrilled I think. The BSK comes with a receiver hitch attachment, it slides off the wheeled base and slides in a 2 inch receiver hitch. I can swap it by myself but it's bulk makes it difficult to line the hitch tubes up by myself. Me and the Mrs can do it easily. The base goes underneath. It is the size of a large egg and comes with most all accessories , double rack, drip pan, removable side tables, and ash tool for about the same price as a bare medium egg. I have a medium and an XL egg at home and the BSK cooks just as well, it's just a little different in how you control the air and vent to regulate temps. I have cooked a brisket for 22 hrs on it with the help of a BBQ Guru temp controller. I have a double hitch and the Keg goes in the top and the toad or trailer goes in the bottom. The keg weighs around 50 lbs but has big handles on each side to facilitate handling.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckftboy View Post
I use the Q-100 and like it alot. All aluminum with a cast iron grate. It will handle 4 nice steaks or 6 burgers and is easy to clean. I usally use the 14 oz disposible bottles unless we setup for more than a weekend. Longer stays, I just connect to the RV tank. I have the stand for it and it folds for storage.
I do the same with the Q-120, but I set it on a small prep table (no stand). I love it.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckftboy View Post
Another vote for the Weber Q-100. We use it with a 20 lb tank and both fit nicely into the front storage bay without taking up much room. It's easy to clean with the grease tray and I can set it on a picnic table without burning a hole in the table cloth. It also fits well on a wooden folding TV tray we have on board when there's no picnic table on site.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
If it's just the 2 of you, the little Weber is great. Takes just a handful of coals and is ready in 15 minutes. Only costs $29 at Home Depot, so getting a new one every few years is no big deal.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I still can't get used to that name "green egg". My family has used the 'kimado' for over 40 years. Back then we bought them at an import/export store for next to nothing! We never imagined they would be so popular.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #23

I use a Weber Jumbo Joe while traveling but next year I'm going to find a reasonable way to use the Weber Bullet as both grill and smoker. I've smoked a couple of things in the little Joe but temperature really can't be controlled very well.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #24

I never wanted the hassle of charcoal, didn't like the idea of carrying extra propane tanks (hooking it up to the coach is an option), so I opted for electric because it suits my cooking style (and I get the campground to pay for it's operation). If you mostly use your grill for smoking, rotisserie work, seafood, vegetables and light grilling applications this unit works great.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meco-1500-...Grill/12441311

It's downside is it doesn't generate high heat, so if your cooking style is all about 450+ degrees heat than it's not for you.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
I purchased the coleman roadtrip propane grill. Wish I would have bought the Weber Q series.
danmarsh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #26

Weber.com - Weber® Q® 1000™

I got this Weber Q 1000 before our trip to FL, and i really like it. Easy to cook on, easy to clean. I bought a flat griddle plate for it and that is great for cooking bacon, vegetables, etc. i got it through Amazon for like $169, I also got a conversion hose for it so I can use the larger propane tank instead. I got a cover for it too. We leave it outside on the picnic table.
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Weber Q Gas Grill
Old 03-10-2014, 07:29 AM   #28

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
Well I did it cheaply, till I decide to up grade. Just got small Weber. I think it's 18" Dia. Round. I use two bungy cords to keep it closed and keep it in a garbage bag. I also use a metal starter chimney, the kind you add coals and a few news paper pages under to get the coals started. Works for us.
This our approach as well. Except we keep grill, newspaper, chimney & charcoal in a tote. We use charcoal to grill 90% of the time whether in our coach or sticks & brick
skstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote