Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #29

Nor'easters Club
Another vote here for the Weber Q . I did however have the same problem as the OP regarding all the holes in the propane tube not igniting and therefore not generating high enough heat. Solved this by simply cleaning the holes with a pin and now it's back to working perfectly again.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #30

You are going to get lot's of opinions. Mostly, you'll need to decide on propane or charcoal. Personally, I'm a propane guy ... because it's easy. I carry a grill and a 20lb tank (tank is in a "stabilizer") with a 6ft. hose/adapter. Everything fits in about 2/3 of an average compartment. I use the portable tank so I can setup anywhere ... including taking everything on an "outing". I like simple ... and relatively inexpensive.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #31

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When someoen says Buy This ________. there is going to be someone else say "NO, Buy That _______"

Howoever when someone says I have a Colman Road Trip and I find that the burners do not really produce enough heat.. LISTEN TO ME.

I like the grill, but it's a bit anemic for my tastes, could use a few more BTU's.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Coleman Road Trip? Good for breakfast (with the griddle plates), other stuff not so much. I'll stick with the Weber Little Joe for that great taste.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #33

Add another vote to the weber q series. I use a q220 with the propane hose attachment running to a 2.5lb tank. Just need to make sure you clean the holes out everynow and then as others have stated to ensure adequete and even heat. Works like a charm.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
We got the Weber Q-100 after 4 rv friends all recommended Weber...

While we DO love it, wish we would have gone for the next level or two up to get the flip out side shelves now, but still works well on the folding cart...
Old 03-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #35

Country Coach Owners Club
We use an old Weber Jumbo Joe primarily because we normally cook with charcoal.

We also have the Blue Coleman Roadtrip that is about 10 years old. We use it more like a camp stove or for a quick burger.

Fortunately, we are able to close the Coleman's cover while cooking low profile meats. And so when charcoal is prohibited, we can still do pork, fish, or steak with a covered grill and with good taste.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
We use an old Weber Jumbo Joe primarily because we normally cook with charcoal.

We also have the Blue Coleman Roadtrip that is about 10 years old. We use it more like a camp stove or for a quick burger.

Fortunately, we are able to close the Coleman's cover while cooking low profile meats. And so when charcoal is prohibited, we can still do pork, fish, or steak with a covered grill and with good taste.
Yup ... depends on what you want to cook and how easily. The Coleman works fine for most dinners for 2. If you want to char broil an elephant you might need a different grill ...
Old 03-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #37

We love our Coleman road trip grill. It's going on 9 years old now and still works great.

Amazon.com: Coleman 9941-768 Road Trip Grill LX (Blue): Sports & Outdoors
Old 03-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDad View Post
We love our Coleman road trip grill. It's going on 9 years old now and still works great.

Amazon.com: Coleman 9941-768 Road Trip Grill LX (Blue): Sports & Outdoors
Yup ... I'm not sure what all the hatin' is about. Mine does everything I expect. Cooks 2 steaks, 2 huge burgers, some fish ... and doesn't set anything on fire. Cleans up and packs easily. Will it last 20 years? ... I don't care ... I'll last far less than that.

The only negative I found is I need to swap to an open grate for pots/pans/wok .... no big deal. You don't HAVE to but it makes things easier.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like many others, we carry both a small propane grill and a larger charcoal grill. We have an "Aussie Walk-About" charcoal grill. It is full size but folds relatively flat for storage. $49.95 at Home Depot or Lowes. They are good quality and generally last us for several years. Only use propane when in parks that don't allow charcoal (rarely).
Old 03-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #40

We use Camp Chef 3 burner.

http://www.campchef.com/stoves/16-co...ner-stove.html
nhjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #41

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just entered the Better Homes and Gardens daily contest.

Today's prize is a BHG Propane Grill, Stainless tabletop type fairly high BTU's. if I win the price will clearly be right.

not sure who makes it but .. Well.. I've seen several of that design.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
We purchased the Weber Jumbo Joe last fall after we purchased our 98 Pace Arrow. We looked around quite a bit to find something that would fit into our storage compartment etc. The Jumbo Joe is 18" round and made of a lot heavier metal which should last longer than a lot of the smaller cheaper ones around. We bought ours at Target for, if I recall correctly - year end clearance, for just under $50.00. Of course we are charcoal grilling steak people. While travelling I just place it back in the box it came in (cut down version) along with the charcoal fluid and all other accessories we use with it.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote