Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #1

Importing CC into Canada

Importing a 2006 CC Inspire into Canada.
Has any body had any experience with this ?
Where can I obtain a Dynamax Chassis " no recall " Letter
Any hints or suggestions are appreciated.

Jack
koebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #2

New USA , export rules came into effect in the late spring.

https://irs-tax-id.com/

For import into Canada, you need info from .

www.riv.ca

Have a look at this post .
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/new-r...da-202861.html

Are you buying from a company or an individual ? If a company , best to have them provide the recall letter; make it a requirement of the deal.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #3

2006 cc

Skip,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I talked to RIV and they tell me that the unit is importable into Canada providing I can get a recall letter from Dynomax the chassis manufacturer as they seem more interested in the compliance of the chassis than the superstructure.
Any thoughts on that?
Jack
Old 12-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Dynamax was CC's in-house chassis shop, so isn't around anymore either. Tell the authorities that Dynomax is out of business and see what alternatives they might accept. Surely this is not a unique problem, even with other types of vehicles. What if you bought a Saturn car?
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Country Coach was/is the manufacturer of the DynoMax chassis. The factory should be able to give you some data however after the bankruptcy all bets are off.

There have been some recalls but most of them have been for exterior lighting. You might contact:
THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO http://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Country Coach is up and running and starting to build coaches on a limited basis. Give the factory a call. My guess is that they'll have a stock form letter with the info you need.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebes View Post
Skip,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I talked to RIV and they tell me that the unit is importable into Canada providing I can get a recall letter from Dynomax the chassis manufacturer as they seem more interested in the compliance of the chassis than the superstructure.
Any thoughts on that?
Jack
Jack , that was the case 4 years back too, when I imported mine. RIV was interested in the chassis , road safety; the coach, even though I had paperwork from Newmar, was not required.
I guess that the RV systems are between you and your insurance company.
When you have serial numbers from the fridge, water heater etc. you can contact the manufacturers to check on them. Norcold, Dometic, Attwood
etc. all still in business.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #8

Google your make, model, year, and recall. You will probably find some recall info but I've never seen anything on the chassis
good luck
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #9

Importing CC into Canda

Thank you for all your suggestions.

The current Country Coach management apparently has a deal with the Canadian government, whereby all CCs have to be inspected by the company before being accepted into Canada. This inspection can ONLY be done at the Oregon premises and at the owners expense. Oh yes, the front seats have to be replaced at the modest cost of $ 6000 - yes that is : six thousand!!!!!
The suggestion of getting a no recall letter for the Chassis only will not fly since CC just happens to be the manufacturer of the Chassis as well.
My conclusion is: Don't buy a Country Coach new or used if you are thinking of taking it into Canada.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:55 AM   #10

Quote:

The current Country Coach management apparently has a deal with the Canadian government, whereby all CCs have to be inspected by the company before being accepted into Canada. This inspection can ONLY be done at the Oregon premises and at the owners expense. Oh yes, the front seats have to be replaced at the modest cost of $ 6000 - yes that is : six thousand!!!!!
The suggestion of getting a no recall letter for the Chassis only will not fly since CC just happens to be the manufacturer of the Chassis as well.
My conclusion is: Don't buy a Country Coach new or used if you are thinking of taking it into Canada.
Wow, pays to do your homework up front. This could have been a real White Elephant had you gone in blind.
I brought my Newmar in a few years ago without any problems with letters from both Newmar and Spartan.
Question: Back when I brought mine in the dollar was near par so it made the deal worthwhile. With the CDN dollar nearing 20% is it still worthwhile when you add in all the other costs such as RIV insp and Out of Prov insp, transportation etc.?
Personally, I have been looking but when you add 20 points right off the bat, it kind of sours the deal....
Old 12-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #11

Quote:

Apparently other Canadians have not had a problem importing Country Coaches into Canada. There are some Canadian CC coaches for sale, and we talked to a Canadian two years ago at Country Coach who had just bought a 2008 Magna.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:54 AM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What a crock! CC's are no different than Monaco's. CC had their own proprietary chassis, Dynomax. Monaco had their own proprietary chassis, Roadmaster. There is no problem importing Monaco coaches into Canada. Why should there be a problem importing CC coaches into Canada?

But. Does it have to make sense? Friends of ours imported a Prevost passenger bus into Canada. When they took it in for Canadian certification, they found that it could be certified OK as long as it was in the original manufacturer's condition. In other words, all original passenger seats were in the bus.

It passed Canadian certification. My friend asked what he could do to the bus now that it was certified. The reply was that they didn't care how he modified it now that it was certified. !!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, try to bring a Prevost bus into Canada that has already been converted into a beautiful motor home by Liberty, Marathon, etc.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #13

Have a friend that imported a '05 Magna and all he had to do was add some ICC lighting and change the seats. The original seats were great. He put in some cheap seats just to oass cert and then reinstalled the original seats.

Of course CC wants $6K for new seats, they are in the job of making money
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
canada as a visitor.Check out RV No Tax in Montana by forming an LLC save on the tax, registration, licensing and safety inspection and you can bring into
jeanbev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada