Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2017, 08:24 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
In-dash stereo replacement recommendations?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about replacing the old radio in our 97 Pace Arrow with a new stereo system. RV is a gas Ford V8 chassis.

It's a Single-din height system now, will stay with that.

Want MP3, USB, Aux input, Bluetooth, hopefully the ability to connect existing 10 disk CD changer OR will get one with CD player.

Android phone interface/connectability (if other than bluetooth).

Has anyone done this, and/or have recommendations of models that worked well?

Thanks!
RCCFleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Glad you asked. We are going to replace ours as well. I'm hoping to hear that it's not too difficult!
Old 01-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Just finished installing a new Stereo Radio/CD unit in my MH, using current 4x ceiling speakers.

Pioneer DEH-X7800BHS CD Receiver with Bluetooth, HD Radio and SiriusXM Ready. Ebay $112, free shipping.

Bluetooth for Smartphone calling and Audio streaming. Plays Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music (any music channels on Smartphone). Front USB and AUX ports to plug-in audio players like Ipod or tablets. Now to connect LED TV using a Bluetooth transmitter to radio/house speakers.

The HD digital FM Stations sound great. If your are looking to upgrade, this is a nice unit!
Old 01-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryH1481 View Post
Just finished installing a new Stereo Radio/CD unit in my MH, using current 4x ceiling speakers.

Pioneer DEH-X7800BHS CD Receiver with Bluetooth, HD Radio and SiriusXM Ready. Ebay $112, free shipping.

Bluetooth for Smartphone calling and Audio streaming. Plays Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music (any music channels on Smartphone). Front USB and AUX ports to plug-in audio players like Ipod or tablets. Now to connect LED TV using a Bluetooth transmitter to radio/house speakers.

The HD digital FM Stations sound great. If your are looking to upgrade, this is a nice unit!
That's crazy! That model is one I just favorited at Crutchfield in my browser for my "short list"! It's a bit more there, though. $130.

Thanks!
RCCFleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCFleetwood View Post
That's crazy! That model is one I just favorited at Crutchfield in my browser for my "short list"! It's a bit more there, though. $130.

Thanks!
Walmart is advertising it for $112. This radio includes the single-din frame to slide radio into dash, MIC/cable for voice pickup and wiring harness to wire up RV power and speakers (2 front, 2 rear). Also has 3 RCA outputs to connect external AMPs and Subwoofer. The multicolor display is bright and cool looking. Also includes a remote. Enjoy!

Tags
ace, dash, replace, replacement