Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #1

Question In-Motion Satellite Dish help

We recently purchased a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder DP and I can not figure out how to get the tv to work properly. I would be happy with just the digital signal i dont NEED sat, but it would be nice.
First off, i can not get the TV to just pick up normal antenna digital tv? There are so many switches and cords that i do not know where to start?
Second, if i did manage to figure the dish out, is it possible to just take the receiver from our house and bring it with us when we are in the motorhome? Has anyone done this? I have two receivers in our home so this isnt that big of an issue. Having absolutely ZERO tv...big issue! haha
Please if anyone has any suggestions where i should call, what i should do? Please help! Thanks!!
joeman3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #2

If you have a digital tv you just turn it on as for sat. Yes you can but you have to change set up in rec. For the different shape and size of dish it will not receive with the set up from your home dish I can't live without tv.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, as Rooster said you can use your home receiver but you didn't mention what service you have... Dish? DirecTv? What kind of dome to you have? You may need to change some switches on the dish and go through the set up process and know what kind of dish you have to tell the receiver what it's looking at.

But, I'd work on getting you antenna signal working first. I would think you have a switch box you need to select "antenna" from and probably an antenna bootser on the same box which needs to be turned on?

Good luck...

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

You may also have to change the tv to "Antenna' on its own set-up menu. Both my tvs (one Sony, one Samsung) use a different input for antenna (over the air) tv vs cable/satellite and have to be set up accordingly.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #5

And all of the digital sets I have seen require you to scan for local stations first, not like in the old days where if you knew the channel number you could just dial it up.
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #6

I have tried searching air waves through the tv by switching to antenna in the tv i have not been able to locate switches. A friend of mine said he saw it and switched it to antenna but still no channels were located. We have Dish in our home but the receiver in the motorhome is DirecTV. I do not know what shape the actual dish is or if there even is one i didnt know if there was some sort of power switch to turn the satellite dish on in order to move it. I am just so confused with this. Let's just say that it isn't my specialty! haha I will do some further investigating and try and find some more switches (booster switch) Thanks for all the help! If anyone knows anything more about this stuff please let me know!
joeman3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #7

If you have a king dome the shape of the dish is in your manual to go from direct to dish there is a computer plug by your switch to activate dish, you plug in the wire which came with it and have it reprogramed.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #8

let's review, you id your service as dish, the receiver in the coach as direct, and the Sat antenna as King-Dome. First thing is that King-Domes come from the factory preset for Directv. The Directv receiver in the coach is useless to you unless you want to also subscribe to Directv. It needs to be replaced with one of your House Dish Receivers. But a word of caution here, are your house Dish receivers HD or SD. If HD, then you maybe screwed with the King-Dome antenna unless it is already HD (doubtful), or is capable of being upgraded to HD (around $800 + labor). Next unknown that needs to be established is the specific model number of the King-Dome antenna. Once you know the model number, go to King Controls website, and download the manuals (PDF's) for that model. The manual willo explain how to reset the antenna for Dish (and also Bell for that matter). Once reset for dish, and you replace the coach Directv receiver with one of your Dish SD receivers, read the King-Dome Manual how to initially establish your search location, and how to search. If it is an "In-Motion" King-Dome antenna, then that is yet another set of instruction contained in the manual. Sounds a bit overly complicated but it really is not once your successfully go thru it.
JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in-motion, satellite, television