Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2016, 08:19 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I rented a car a few weeks ago with a real transmission problem, almost as if someone threw it in reverse on the freeway just to see what would happen...
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynette091 View Post
I am looking to rent out our rv motorhome to help with expenses while we are not using it. Do I need commercial insurance since someone else will be driving it? Where do i find the best rental agreement form for my lessors?
Please help

Thanks,

Julie
Julie,

Personally, I would never rent ours out, but that's not the question you asked. There are companies that do rent out privately owned RV's. Some of the RV's are pretty nice. I would Google them for your area and talk to them. You might even put it on their rental list so you don't have to screen potential renters. They can tell you what they offer, what insurance you need, the forms to use, what their commission/fee is, etc.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:56 PM   #17

I recently saw an ad where someone was renting there 15-20 year old Class A, in the ad they required the renter to provide an insurance binder, said most agents will write a 14 day binder policy, and even had a local agent with experience doing offering it. I think the situation was a guy that had inherited the motorhome and was trying to make it pay for itself. He was offering it for day use (ball games) or weekend use.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 04:22 AM   #18
tcg

I wouldn't rent ours just because I'm paranoid about all the legal stuff like me being sued should something happen.

We are planning on putting it on a seasonal lot on the lake within an hour of our home. That way we can get away more often.

Once it's set up we will make it available to family members as a weekend get away.

I will have no problem letting them use it and it will probablly be left better then they found it.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:20 AM   #19

I was recently at a Motorsports event, where I saw a very nice coach with a private rental service license plate, set up on a very steep slope, front to back and left to right.

They had stacked a pile of wood under the right front jack, and the front tire was a good 12" or more off the ground. The right rear and left front tires were barely touching the ground. Simply scary.......

I can't imagine the chassis twist, and what effect it had on the slides, interior walls, and windshield just to name a few things, that may or may not be immediately apparent, and lead to serious problems at some point that you could never put back on the renter.

In addition, the way the wood was stacked under the jacks, it seemed to me that the coach was not at all stable, and a potential for the jack to slide off the stack or the stack simply fail. Not safe to begin with, much less what it could do to the coach.

And why would the renter think there was anything wrong doing it, when others were doing the same silly thing next to him. Unbelievable........

I'd post the pictures I have, but don't think it's appropariate to do so.

Then the story about the guy camping with his son in a private Class A rental this past summer. I'll just say, clueless when it came to the coach systems, not to mention the mess the coach was inside when I went in to help him figure out a slide / jack problem when he was ready to leave (he just kept pushing buttons) and no telling what he had really screwed up but at some point the jacks finally retracted and the slide came in, but probably nothing that insurance or billing him for "abuse" that was readily apparent would cover.
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:31 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynette091 View Post
I am looking to rent out our rv motorhome to help with expenses while we are not using it. Do I need commercial insurance since someone else will be driving it? Where do i find the best rental agreement form for my lessors?
Please help
Thanks,Julie
I would contact the below link
Home | RV Motorhome Travel Trailer Rentals Sales in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri, Illinois, Florida and the USA

i am not sure if they are in your area or not but they do consignment renting for a wide range of RV's. I personally rented my 1st RV (Coachman Class C) and it was overall a great experience and ultimately led me to purchasing my own Coach. These are not like Cruise America, as they are generally owner RV's that want to do exactly what you are wanting to do.
Fleetwood Bounder 35K 2016, Ford V-10, F53(2015 chassis),RayZor HD, Wineguard Dish SAT, Roadmaster -- steering Stabilizer, Front & rear Sway Bars, SCT 5 Star tuner, Tireminder TM66 TPMS, Banks Ram Air intake, EZE Tow Dolly
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:46 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm not sure what the laws are in all 50 states but I would seriously have concerns with renting a RV that the IRS can consider a second home. So if somebody occupies your rental unit doesn't want to turn it back over do they have to go through a formal evection process? I'm sure there are some states that this would be an impossibility but I also know other states that it would be a possibility. In any case it might be an interesting topic for discussion?

We used to bareboat charter sailboats through agencies. We had established a relationship and a track record and we had no problems and the owners never challenged our deposits For damages. I can't imagine turning over my RV to just any person in assuming they will act responsibly. I've seen too many people and how they drive
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote