Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #1

Hi! My husband and I were out this past weekend RV shopping and ran across a Magellan made by Thor. We had never heard of them. We really liked one they had, but we want to talk to others who have owned and used them, to see how the perform and hold up. Also to find out about any problems they may have, etc. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

330 Cummins on Spartan Chassis
mottybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #2

Hi! My husband and I were out this past weekend RV shopping and ran across a Magellan made by Thor. We had never heard of them. We really liked one they had, but we want to talk to others who have owned and used them, to see how the perform and hold up. Also to find out about any problems they may have, etc. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I think the Magellan came out in 2006, so there may not be much of a track record to go by.

Thor's overall reputation is more one of "value" than quality or luxury. Their brands are generally targetted at entry level pricing. That doesn't mean they are bad, but they won't compare to models from manufacturers such as Newmar, Monaco, Western RV, etc.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #4

Thanks Gary, I guess I will have to give them a few years to prove how dependable they will be. Since Newmar, Monaco, Tiffin, and others have already proved to be some of the best, I will look that direction. Or, we may just stay with the old Pace Arrow we have for a few more years. She is still purring like a kitten.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #5

Good Evenning
I have a 38 foot 2006 Magellan with 4 slides and a w24 workhorse chassis. I can give you an in site into my first season with my unit. generally we are happy with the unit however. We had some issues with water leaks around the passenger side window which the dealer tried to correct but had little luck. there have been some Workhorse problems but this is not what I would call a thor problem as there seems to be other people with theses issues. eg. vibration in the drive line, intermitent problems with the Auto park system. The unit is going back to the factory to have the water leak fixed. there seems to be a problem with the moulding arount the front cap and the windshield is comming out. we know of another unit the same as ours which has the same problems. I am sure that the factory will correct the problems as the other unit was fixed. however only time will tell. all in all you would be hard pressed to find another unit with the same features in the price range. our unit is the same layout as their Valenca unit.

reguards
Ken
mooner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #6

Thanks Ken for the info, I am glad to hear from someone who owns a Magellan. They are nice rigs. I will be interested to hear about the results after you get your rig back from the factory. Service is always very important to me. If they take care of you, that will be a BIG for them. Thanks again!

Martha

Old 11-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
rab

The DW and I bought one of the first 2006 36E Magellan's to come off the line. We have traveled and weekended in it since December 2005. Have had a few issues with it all taken care of or either fixed myself. Support from Four Winds has been great, in fact so good that I call up to chat with the factory reps every once in a while. It is on the Ford chassis and I'm very happy with the performance. I would not buy the same floorplan again, to many doors that get in the others way. we have found we would rather have more space in the living area and a king bed than the sitting room in the bedroom. All-in-all I think it was a great value and would hesitate to buy another. Alan
rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
rab

That last sentence should rea not hesitate to buy another.
rab is offline   Reply With Quote