Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2017, 07:52 AM   #1
WDW

Install washer / dryer combo

I'm interested in hearing back from folks who may have installed a washer/dryer combo unit in a MH that did not come preped from the factory for installation.

I'm especially curious if any Coachmen Miranda 35 BH. Owners accomplished this. I know the Georgetown cousin does come preped for such an installation.

Measurement wise, we believe it's possible to make it fit in the back corner of the full bath with a cabinet modification. The supply lines are in that corner and discharge could be plumbed to the sink right there. As for power, I think installing its own separate pigtail to plug in to the 110v pedestal is a better option and less complicated than trying to add a circuit to the main panel.

Many thoughts?
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The troglodytes who installed my wd in my "prepped" wd cabinet places the 200 pound device on the 1/8" plywood floor. The little 1" diameter feet of the wd pushed right thru the 1'8" plywood when filled wit5h water and tumbling.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
.....make it fit in the back corner of the full bath with a cabinet modification.............discharge could be plumbed to the sink right there. As for power, I think installing its own separate pigtail to plug in to the 110v pedestal is a better option and less complicated than trying to add a circuit to the main panel.........

WDW..... I don't have a Coachman, and our w/d was installed at the factory. But one comment re your plumbing. Our w/d drain is plumbed in a 2-1/2" pipe. I presume that is to accommodate the high flow rate when the washer is draining. Most sinks are plumbed with 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" pipe. I would check carefully before assuming the bathroom sink drain can handle the washer outflow.

Good Luck!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #4

Install washer / dryer combo

We didn't do the install but we have a Winnebago Vista 32K Bunkhouse unit. The previous owner removed the bunks, did some built ins and added a Splendide in the lower section and storage on the remainder. He plumbed water in the wall to/from the bathroom shower. I think he went down to the shower drain which is a bit larger than the sink drains.

We've not done any laundry in it yet so I can't say much more than that. To hook up the water and drain I'll have hoses across the hallway but I we like the fact that we have a shorter coach with a w/d unit.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"WDW"......I think you're on the right track, except the drain size as noted by "JFXG". The other thing I would suggest is that there are two types of all in dryers, vented and non vented. The non vented take much longer to dry. I would look for a spot to run a vent through the wall. Sometimes on a cold, moist morning, you can see the framing on the exterior of your coach. That's good time to take some measurements or pictures.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:27 AM   #6

Ours was "prepped" for it, but still had to have some work done to get it installed. We went with a vented combo. It does a much better job than I anticipated, it does use a LOT more water than I thought it would.

One thing I noticed is they make a under washer "pan' to put under the unit vice just sitting it on the wood floor or a wooden base. The pan is a white, thick ABS type of plastic. The unit is bolted down to it and would hold some water if there was a small leak.

They did have to install the hard pip drain lines, connect them into the existing kitchen sink drain line and ad flex tubing drain line as its in the slide. also, water lines run up the wall behind the unit with their own valves that are easily accessible.

I DID NOT WANT a washer/dryer, it was my DW's call and she was adamant on have it. Im not totally sold on it yet..but will say it did do some laundry..washed and dried in a little less time that I thought it would. Maybe it will grow on me....

GOOD LUCK and don't skimp on anything, it could prove to be a much bigger headache if not done right.
stvdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:02 AM   #7

We thought "outside the box".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1465059179284.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	160450  
phnguyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #8

American Coach Owners Club