Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2015, 09:23 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Installing New Seatbelts

We only have two seatbelts in our Holiday Rambler but need at least four. So far nobody I've contacted will install new ones where none existed before due to liability reasons.

Can anybody recommend a company who knows how to install extra seatbelts that would be safe and who is willing to do so? I'm in Kentucky right now but am willing to travel as far as I need to go to get this done.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 11:17 PM   #2

no idea who will install.

But one option would be to install newer seats with the belts built into the seat like from a pickup truck? You can also find seats with lap belts built in for RVs maybe a wrecker.

That way only installing the seats not the belts..

Another option maybe a race car shop they install harness in racecars might no be so afraid..
thedjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:48 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That is a tough one due to liability. What is the layout of your coach?

I looked up some images. Looks like one couch in the slide and a easy chair just opposite of it. Do you have bench seats around the dinning area or just tables and chairs?
Old 05-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #4

the_vfox:
In the living area is an L-shaped sectional sofa, in two pieces. The long side folds out to a bed. There are no cushions or holes for seatbelts. The previous owners recovered it, so I don't know if it originally had holes or not. In the dinette are two chairs bolted to the floor. We don't have any slides.

I've attached a photo. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Living Room and Kitchen.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	93071
Old 05-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Question

Nice looking unit. I doubt you are going to find a shop that will accept the liability of installing belts.

I think the biggest issue for them would be anchoring them sufficiently. You might want to talk to a shop that specializes in modifications (Racing shop etc).

You other option might be if you want to take a whack at it is, look around the J.C. Whitney catalog and see if they have installations for Dune buggies etc. It might give you more ideas.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #6

I would contact HR and see if originally the coach came with extra passenger seat belts. It is possible that they were removed. If they were removed it is a simple matter of getting them reinstalled and no liability concerns for the shop.

2001 American Eagle 40 US 8.9 ISL, towing 1999 Cherokee or 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 with Polaris RZR in the back.
Jimalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:50 PM   #7

I suspect it had seat belts from the factory but was that the factory couch? I suspect the anchor might be under the new looking flooring as well.

You might look under the chassis to see if you see the old anchors... I would look for a custom race car builder... I think they would be less worried about liability...

I have never seen a factory RV with less than 4 seat belts I suspect the owners did not need them and did not worry during the recovering...
thedjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:39 AM   #8

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Tags
holiday rambler, install