Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #15

Thought you would like to know:

Just went to AARP/Hartford and spent several minutes filling out the on-line application for a quote on my MH. No option in drop down list of MHs for Newmar? Also, their robot appears perplexed that my wife would not be an additional driver (no way she will ever drive the beast). At the end, I get a screen informing me that they need more information and to call the listed number. So much for getting an on-line quote. Complete waste of time.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2016, 06:53 PM   #16

I am happy with Progressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
Not true, as a former resident of the region and watched the company grow, talk to employees, etc. The owner had (maybe still has) a chemical abuse problem. They had some amazing xmas parties,

I would not use them due to their history of making it on policies that no other insurance company would take, very high risk policy, hence they charge more to cover their high risk clients.... Things may have changed, but I'm not putting them on any short list.
Good rates, good service and now you have given me another reason. I like the ACLU. Why would anyone be against civil liberties.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:08 PM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
I went with AARP/Hartford last yr. Saved half on my home autos and coach from State Farm.
Call them and take a minute to save $$$
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcovey View Post
If you are old enough get a quote from AARP/Hartford. We had Allied until last year when for no reason at all they raised price 40%. Hartford came in 30% under the original Allied cost. They also saved us almost 50% on the car insurance vs. State Farm. We have had a minor claim on the car when I backed into a tree limb. Great service and the body shop likes dealing with them, too.

Cheers,

x2 on AARP/Hartford. Note: You don't have to be any specific age to sign up for AARP, your check just has to be good.

2nd Note: Get a quote from Hartford, but BEFORE you bind the insurance, sign up for AARP and OPT OUT of any and all junk mail/sharing of information or you will be getting your mail box filled with geriatric crap mailings!

Hartford was half of Progressive and or National General insurance for our coach.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #19

I went through the entire AARP process and called in, they are about $100 more than Blue Sky.
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 04:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale70 View Post
My rates just went up with BlueSky. (No claims and two years with them)
They said their underwriters had reevaluated statistics (read -claims) on older motorhomes, of which my 2000 must qualify, and resulted in my rate increase of about 50%.
I was at about $600 a year -- going to $900 a year. I quoted three more insurers and got between $1100 and $1600. Will probably still stick with Blue Sky.
AARP/Hartford, renewal this last April was $626.07 for our 2001 Dutch Star. About half of what Progressive jumped me to! Two claims, one glass before renewal, excellent service, one after renewal for a 21' awning that came off while traveling causing paint damage. North of $10,000.00. Quick service, quick payment, handled as a Comprehensive claim, $250.00 deductible. They said no raise in rates next year due to this claim, but I guess time will tell. Give them a call! What do you have to lose?
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance