Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #1

Insurance Options

Four years with Progressive and now I am getting SCREWED !!!!!!!
need some input on other companies.
Thanks, RT 41
RT 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #2

Here is a link to over 13,000 previous threads discussing RV insurance. https://www.google.com/search?q=%22R...=14&gws_rd=ssl

Pick 5 from the last two weeks and you will have your answers. You may want to limit the search parameters by doing another search and include your state in the search terms.

Why do you say your getting screwed? What has happened?
Old 07-20-2018, 08:18 PM   #3

Same thing happened to me after over a decade with them. No one could ever seem to beat their prices. Then I tried Farmers... better insurance coverage...a local agent....and 40% lower in cost!
Old 07-21-2018, 05:42 AM   #4

I have moved from Progressive to National General through Good Sam to now Geico. I went with Geico because they seemed to have less complaints from RV owners. Of course, RV insurance companies available in my state are pretty limited.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:56 AM   #5

National General thru Good Sam jacked up my rates by 400% after a $1,200 claim on our Nissan Altima. Very little damage...quick repair, then rates on vehicles and fifth wheel skyrocketed.

I dumped them like a hot potato and switched back to Farm Bureau Insurance (Texas Farm Bureau - but I believe all stats have Farm Bureau Insurance) and have been very happy with their coverage and prices.

No claims in the 3 years since we came back to them, but we did have a major claim with our Farm Bureau Homeowners insurance after a fire. They were more than fair and very fast in getting checks to us. I can't see us ever leaving Farm Bureau again.
RJShiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #6

Insurance

Insured with State Farm & no issues, just had awning replaced (Which a lot of companies do not cover) & they paid very quickly.
lesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Have had State Farm for over 20 years. No problems. Lowest rate on crv and Dutchstar and $10 year on Cricket golf cart. Had small repair on rear quarter after hitting stantion while getting propane. Super fast service and check paid 100% of claim.[emoji18]
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:51 PM   #8

We've had Progressive for the last 5 or so years, just renewed it a couple of months ago. As per usual, I shopped around just to see if I might find a company with lower premiums. No one came close.

We did have Geico a while back and I can tell you their service was excellent. A tornado came through and laid a tree on top of our motorhome. It was decided to total the rig and their service and the settlement were great. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to get back with them but the price difference between them and Progressive is just too much at this time.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:29 AM   #9

I’ve have progressive for 10 years, did a great job when I had body damage due to a blow out. There are to many factors to compare credit score,driving record, claims, location.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We used a local agent and got the best prices from Safeco!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #11

Sams club was 2,600 and Progressive was 953. Same coverage. No brainier.
Silent Thund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We used a local agent and got the best prices from Safeco!
We just changed over to Safeco also, as our previous carrier Nat'l Interstate stopped insuring RVs.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance