Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #1

Intelligence load meter

I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. My question is recently when plugged into shore power it was reading 88? I don’t think it has ever worked properly as I could never change the amperage input by pushing the button. Any input would be helpful. Not sure if it’s bad or do I need to look elsewhere?
Beast188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2019, 05:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The amp load meter is what the Intellitec EMS system uses to measure the load and shed loads if hooked to a 20 or 30 amp feed.

Do you have an EMS, what amperage system do you have.

I had a lightening strike hit my house, RV was plugged in and damaged the EMS system. I contacted M&M Electronics, a tech there walked me through troubleshooting and determined the system was shot. Bought a new one.

https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #3

I believe mine is a 20,30 or 50 amp. It seemed to work fine other than I couldn’t change the amp setting. Then when I plugged in this winter it showed that number that I’ve never seen before so I unplugged didn’t want to damage anything. Just trying to figure out what is going on with it.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #4

Yes it’s an Intellitec. I believe it’s a 20,30 and 50 amp but I have never been able to change the amp setting. When I’m plugged in it usually reads 12.** in the volts and this winter when I plugged in it read 88 so I unplugged it. Didn’t want to damage anything else. I might just have to stop at the rv dealership and see if they can give me some ideas also.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If plugged into 50 amp you should not see any reading as the EMS knows it does not have to shed.

If the generator is running is will show amps but shouldn't shed. When I exercise the generator to clean out the spark screen I load it up +60 amp to make sure it gets hot.

I would read the manual on the EMS to make sure you understand it's function and how it works. I't then call M&M if you think you still have a problem.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:03 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
mine did that once, I think it was when I lost a leg thru the 50amp side (which really is 2 fiftys..) You prob wont be able to run everything like you could otherwise.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #7

8 is the character that many older led displays used to prove all the elements were working.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:04 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
My intelligence load meter is always lower in the morning before coffee
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote