Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2009, 07:06 AM   #1

Intellitec Switching

I have a 08 Country coach Magna with Intellitec switching. One panel is completely dead, I checked all of the fuses in the switching panel and they are good, what next?
Thanks in advance.
Dennis Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Do you mean a multiplex controller, a panel that switches lights and such on and off via commands from remote switches?

Intellitec makes several - which model do you have?
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #3

Yes, thank you.
A station in the bedroom is dead, no lights etc.
Thanks
Model?, do not know.
Dennis Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #4

Pull the bedroom switch panel from the wall and make sure the connections on the back are tight. Give them all a little wiggle. That is a fully programmable system so I am guessing that the bedroom station simply has gotten disconnected - otherwise there would be more going astray if the problem was originating from the main controller.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

There is a description and some info on the various Intellitec multiplexing modules here:
Programmable Multiplex

Since just one of the modules seems to have stopped working, odds are it has failed or become disconnected somehow. No harm in pulling it out to take a look.

I have a multiplexing system but mine is not by Intellitec, so I can't help with the specifics.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #6

I hate to steal a thread but maybe one of you can help me with my multiplex problem, 08 Monaco Dynasty with intellitec system. There are a lot of lights in both the private bath and the shower area. They are on the same switching module but different fuses. If you turn all the lights on there is a flicker and then they all turn off. Turn them back on and if you do not turn them all on then all is fine. Grounds all seem OK. Could it be something in the programming?

Thanks
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #7

moisheh If I read your post correctly, why not try a little experiment with overloading. Take out a few of the bulbs (like 10% of them) in the affected circuit. Turn it ON. If they stay lit start add bulbs while they are all on. If it blows again it's clear there is an overload problem. BTW - Handle (cool) halogens with a Kleenex or gloves due to skin oils. If this is the case, a simple solution would be to selectively leave out bulbs and be happy. Or, you can replace some bulbs with LED equivalents which take almost no current. The overload must be happening back in the light controllers. I can't help where those are located. Dig into the documentation above, it might help.

Of course you can keep your fingers crossed that Monaco will soon take (warranty?) service in full stride again.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:40 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Intellitec tech support is quite helpful - call or email them. They will probably warranty their components too, if it comes down to that.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:21 AM   #9

RV dude. I have tried everything including your hint. Yes it is when there is a large load but that is why the circuits are fused. I will check the controllers in the bedroom closet to see how many circuits are on that controller. I will also call intellitec. I have a feeling it may be a bad controller. That will require a tech as you need to program the new one.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #10

Intellitec Tech Support_ NOT!

Well I guess the crisis in the RV industry has hit the suppliers as well. Intellitec no longer supplies any type of tech support other than the on line manuals. You can however access one of their long time employees who has started his own tech line 1 888 401 7729. $15.00 to connect and $2.99 a minute. Is this the beggining of the end of good service from RV suppliers??
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 05-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Is this the beggining of the end of good service from RV suppliers??
I'm afraid we are going to see a lot more of that. They have to cut back or go out of business and I sure don't want to see the source for parts disappear along with the service.