Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2019, 04:34 AM   #1

Interior lights come on and ac shut off by themself?

I have my 2020 Entagra Reatta plugged in to 50 amp service at my house. I come out one day and found all the lights on inside and ac off. I turned lights off and turned ac back on, the next day it happened again. Any ideas? I will be having my dealer look into this, but was wondering what would cause this.
Jjsdrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2019, 04:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjsdrm View Post
I have my 2020 Entagra Reatta plugged in to 50 amp service at my house. I come out one day and found all the lights on inside and ac off. I turned lights off and turned ac back on, the next day it happened again. Any ideas? I will be having my dealer look into this, but was wondering what would cause this.
AC = Electric. A/C = Air Conditioning. Witch is off.? If electric All or just some.

ALL lights?? or just Some lights?

Lights are 12 volts and AC is 120 volts. This should be interesting.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
AC = Electric. A/C = Air Conditioning. Witch is off.? If electric All or just some.

ALL lights?? or just Some lights?

Lights are 12 volts and AC is 120 volts. This should be interesting.

Agree, this should be very interesting!^^

I suspect there is some important missing information, however, beyond whether or not "ac" mean electrical or air-conditioning. Devices don't switch themselves ON/OFF, even on Halloween. I'm definitely going to follow this thread and hope the OP posts the findings.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do you have florescent lighting? The ballast in light if defective can give off RF frequencies and cause problems with control boards, fridge, heater,etc.
Look down in my signature to QT's #3 and go to second page many threads on replacing lights with LED Lighting to get rid of RF problem.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:20 AM   #5

The a/c shut off and the interior lights were on. Also the generator switch was lit like it was running but the generator was just making a clicking noise. I unplugged my 50 amp service overnight and I plugged it in the next day and it has not happened again. I hope I spelled it out clear and proper this time. Thanks
Old 11-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjsdrm View Post
The a/c shut off and the interior lights were on. Also the generator switch was lit like it was running but the generator was just making a clicking noise. I unplugged my 50 amp service overnight and I plugged it in the next day and it has not happened again. I hope I spelled it out clear and proper this time. Thanks

Being a new coach, I'm sure you have lots of automatic features of which I am unaware. I'm guessing you have an automatic generator start (AGS) feature, correct? If so, that would account for the attempt of the generator to start when a failure of shore power occurs. I don't know if leaving the coach with the A/C running would cause the AGS to kick in if shore power is lost--someone with experience could verify that--but if so, then the attempt of the generator to start makes more sense.

Now, why the lights come on is a mystery to me as you state you turned them off. Is it possible your coach also has automatic emergency lighting? BTW, is it the 12v lights that are ON when you enter the coach?

Here's my thought. A/C running and shore power is lost. Emergency lighting comes on and either the AGS or the automatic transfer switch has a fault preventing the generator from running or transferring power to coach/batteries. Batteries eventually run down, generator shuts down and does not have enough DC to start and only "clicks."

Lots of assumptions, and just a guess.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:23 AM   #7

Thanks. So far it has not happened again. Maybe just some gremlins. Lol
Old 11-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #8

Here's another thought, are you using a surge protector? The short story, we had an electrical issue this summer while camping at a heavily used campground. DH is scratching his head over this...goes outside and see that our surge protector at the box was tripped. We think wow, good thing we had it. He resets it. We leave come back later and same thing. He takes the surge protector to a couple of empty sites and decides it just might be our new surge protector. so we stop using it and had no problem the rest of the trip. Called the company and they replaced it, no questions. Got to wonder if they don't have a bad batch. We use surge protector at home too, have 50amp set-up at the house, power flickers & outages are not uncommon.
2shadycamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, interior, light, lights