Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2023, 09:32 AM   #1

Inverter/charger

I recently installed a Renogy 2000watt inverter/charger my problem is on shore power it keeps my house batteries (four 6 volt lead acid ) at 13.5 volts but the two 12 volt start battery’s slowly over 4 days drop below 12 v. my old go power inverter/charger that went bad didn’t do that. Any ideas welcome. Thanks in advance
Oldone46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2023, 09:58 AM   #2

I would guess a wire came loose when changing converters, or a fuse blown.
greetings, Harold
hbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 09:59 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Normally those functions are provided by the Battery Control Center (BCC) and not the converter. Impossible for the inverter/charger to accomplish without two sets of DC outputs.

If it is the BCC, you should try the boost start switch and listen for the relay to clunk or open it up and look at the solenoid switch.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 10:24 AM   #4

Look around where your battery cables all meet for a Amp l Start or something like that, They send a charge to the chassis batteries.

If nothing like that, look for a BIM or BIRD device. They depend on a specific voltage to work.

Your 13.5 float voltage may be a bit to low for your isolation/charging circuit to combine your batteries for charging.
You are right around the threshold but your meter may be off a bit.

As a test, first push and hold the boost start switch and see if the chassis battery volts go up. That will confirm a good solenoid.

Next, see if you can set the float voltage up a few tenths of a volt and see if that gets it to close the solenoid.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, inverter