Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #29

I bought a 2007 Fleetwood Excursion Class A from a broker in 2011. It was a bank repo and sat In AZ 2 years. 350 CAT 8500 miles when it was delivered. It did have some issues, 6 new batteries, now door handles and locks. The people who owned it hit something with the awning over door. Now has 45,000 miles and like most Motorhomes there like owning a home there’s always something that needs attention.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #30

Spartan Chassis
Frustration cont.....

I have received numerous responses to my queries. Let me thank U all for your advice and other attempts at assistance. all was pertinent and will be digested for consideration. I have always enjoyed hands-on activities, such as farm tractors, cars, motorcycles and boats. Some I can not longer pursue.
This cheap attempt at RVing could lead to future upgrades if We find this to be an enjoyable experience.
Again, wise council and collective experience prevailed.
dennis grace
In co. ca. 91737
Old 09-13-2021, 09:05 PM   #31

amzgraz, this might prove helpful with your dash-air issues: https://www.btrac.com/documents/svc-...i-feb-2011.pdf

https://proairllc.com/pub/media/pdfs...ice_Manual.pdf
If you have Kwikee brand steps this is the first website to visit:Kwikee Service training manual.
If your jacks are HWH brand this is the first website to visit: HWH FAQ page
One irv2.com works for HWH and freely offers his advice and knowledge, his screen name is AZPete.

Thanks for returning to make us aware you are following your thread as replies are received. Now we know our efforts are not futile.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 03:19 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up COLTON TRUCK-Colton CA( on 10 & 215)

they are the BEST DIESEL house in SoCal ( actually ALL of CA)
We had a 1996 Monaco that they serviced for years....
FAIR-COMPETENT-THOROUGH
PaceArrow06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:05 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzgraz View Post
This is my 2nd RV in two years. moved from a class C to Class A. The problem is not being wealthy enough to buy new rather that used....used. Also there is never enough information available for (servicing by owner) as to P.O. generally has not maintained records or fails to passes along all the paperwork , as in manuals etc. or the manufacturer does not provide a comprehensive manuals or technical info. We have a trip planned for OCT and can't get professional RV service for 4 to 6 weeks. One service center is offering a hands on explanation of our Class A's function for $500.00 for 3 hr. lecture. Hey all I want is to locate all of the fuse, breaker and relay panels. We have a new to us 1997 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager Model 8293 SYD 31' 4". with Cummins 5.9 turbo Diesel. The Chassis Air conditioner doesn't work but the side mounted twin condenser fans run continuously. Where is the darn Relay....I had new refrigerant added and they tech could not get the compressor to engage. Does the compressor have a pressure switch and or a relay? Where are they located??? Leveling jacks are hit and miss. Project of another day. Odometer in malfunctioning has very faint numbers. It has togggl/rocker switches everywhere and they operate what?? Elec step is shorted and dead. The P.O. had a 1000kw inverter installed and I don't know how it works.
Enough crying. If someone is in the same boat or has info. I am a quite needy individual. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
We are located in So. Ca's. inland empire. Text me at 909 556 2235.
Thanks
dennis.
For a virtual newbie to Class A land you may have bitten off more than you are able to chew. RV’s require a lot of upkeep and repair and a used used one even more so. If you are not handy, mechanically inclined, and enjoy learning your rig slowly you are in trouble. Many folks are enamored with the RV lifestyle but will just get frustrated by participating in it if they aren’t eager to get dirty learning how they work and how to repair them.
Reevesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:07 PM   #34

Well..............To the OP's ORIGINAL question, yes, yes most definitely yes its worth it. You just got the MH, its older, sure there's issues. Just wait till you get things worked out and have to deal with the fun driving, camping, and spending time in your "portable" home. Even dealing with inconveniences, (like quickie steps that dont come down) you'll have fun. Give it time. If you not that handy Id bet you will be! Necessity is the mother of invention. All the best to you and yours and please keep posting!!
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:08 PM   #35

Oh one more thing. If we lived closer, Id be happy to help you out!!
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:24 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark52 View Post
Refrigerant can not be added to an AC unit if the compressor isn’t running.
Refrigerant can and may need to be added in order for the compressor to kick in as the sensors may not work until they read a certain pressure. However, in order to add the correct amount of refrigerant the compressor must be running.
Gary Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:57 PM   #37

Someone mentioned it above - get on the Gulfstream Owners forum, they can likely answer your questions off the top of their head. You might even find someone that owns a 'sister ship'.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f110/
Good luck!
Old 09-16-2021, 07:46 PM   #38

May i suggest you seek out user groups, discussion forums, and motorhome groups. I just purchased a 2003 National Dolphin in Feb 2021, without a single sheet of technical info or reciepts!! I quickly joined a National MH group on Facebook and have already learned alot from them. Then i found a National discussion group on this website, and that has been helpful as well, then ive also utilized the FMCA forums for a couple of questions as well.

This is how you can learn about your coach, download manuals and ask alot of questions.

Dont give up!
fitzjohnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:02 PM   #39

Well that’s not going to help him much now…I’d suggest doing a lot of internet searching… for manuals, specs and owners of similar rigs. We currently have a twenty year old Hurricane and my husband has done a lot of Internet searches to help him with maintenance. Good luck!
Barkerranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:33 PM   #40

Maybe look to Palm Springs - Indio shops

It's still summer and generally too hot for most to RV in the desert. You might find faster service there and might start with Benlo RV in Indiio. Mobile RV service could be another option, as could an RV inspection service. Before I purchased our Class A out of state I paid $500 for a 3rd party inspection that confirmed operation of everything and gave switch locations, etc. but not all fuse & relay IDs. The report, with lots of photos, was 120 pages.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:55 AM   #41

You've bought a 20+ year old coach - now what

Start researching (like reading blogs on this site). You need to find that "guy" that is in your area (even if backed up 2-3 months) belly up and pay them to get your systems working. First year of a used coach is imho, the school of hard knocks but you will come out the other end knowing your coach and be prepared to fix problems that pop up. Don't go cheap on your repairs and always replace attached components (if looking like they're on their last legs)

Back to the "guy". Most likely, he/she will not be working for a dealer. They will be able to take care of the "hotel" part of your coach and some light chassis maintenance. Next, find that mobile diesel mechanic that covers your area.

Get your rig "road worthy" and have fun.
dbteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:04 AM   #42

Jayco Owners Club
Might find manuals here

https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/medi...ers-manual.pdf
fatboy4909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust