Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2018, 04:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43mod View Post
Made a huge mistake today. Took my wife to camping world and she walked through a 2008 3 axle 525 hp Monaco. Pretty sure my undersized 45-90k budget just went up to 125k+w credit. I am trying to take in what all you people kindly put out, but overwhelming is an understatement. Bob Seger said it pretty well "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
Keep it coming.
Thread from just a few days ago on the Subject - might be of some help - http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/how-...-a-407961.html

Take your time - Lot to look at even more to Learn. -

IMHO, it's best to start just a little slower than the top of the line Coaches - as they are all sooooo different.

Best of Luck,

Note; more new buyer info - https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...d/13792144.cfm
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2018, 07:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43mod View Post
Made a huge mistake today. Took my wife to camping world
You didn't have to say any more than that...…..
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:45 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well at least it's a quality used MH and not one of the new "junkers" they sell.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:30 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
The only issue I have here, is that It seems to me.. you all might feel differently, and that's fine...

that I've noticed an uptick in Country Coach issues in older models..

Can I provide Empirical data?

no, because I don't bookmark every post.. but I do feel that I've seen an increase in the past 5 months.. that I would at least take into consideration.

Dont get me wrong, I'm a Country Coach fan boy, wish they were still around....

Yea mines gonna fall apart any day now
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Yea mines gonna fall apart any day now

Well Y'all need not despair. Winnebago bought CC's old facilities in Junction city OR. Also, Winnebago acquired the intellectual property rights associated with Country Coach and intend to revive the CC brand. They'll also be making some Luxury MH (under the winnebago brand) at the plant. Most of the workers there will be the "Old" CC workers. Winnebago already pumped 20 Mil into refurbishing the old CC plant. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #20

It is like playing whack a mole with all the changes in the RV industry. Companies going out of business and popping up somewhere else.

I can not keep up, just what they want.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #21

I had a $70K budget and was looking for a 1999 - 2001 DP. After research I had narrowed it down to Foretravel, Monaco, Tiffin, Country Coach and Beaver. I ended up finding a 2000 Beaver Marquis and paid $45K for this. Had it inspected by a professional RV inspector and now I'm preparing it for full time travel in 5 years. So I can take my time and fix things noted in the inspection one week at a time. (This is my date day with the wife as we fix things!)
Keep looking, I did everyday for 2 years!
RVaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:48 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVaholic View Post
I had a $70K budget and was looking for a 1999 - 2001 DP. After research I had narrowed it down to Foretravel, Monaco, Tiffin, Country Coach and Beaver. I ended up finding a 2000 Beaver Marquis and paid $45K for this. Had it inspected by a professional RV inspector and now I'm preparing it for full time travel in 5 years. So I can take my time and fix things noted in the inspection one week at a time. (This is my date day with the wife as we fix things!)
Keep looking, I did everyday for 2 years!
I feel ya'. It took me 5 yrs of research to narrow down my choices.
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:33 AM   #23

I'll second the Winnebago/Itasca line of that era. Our 2007 Itasca Horizon is on a 2006 chassis and pre DEF and pre DPF. Side radiator, basement residential style heat pump, quality build and excellent factory support. I boo-booed this past summer and scraped the trim piece on the right side that's between the basement compartments and upper body against an unforgiving steel post. I first researched body parts on Winnebago's online resources, called Winnebago parts and ordered the pieces I need. No need to go through a dealer. Parts are in stock and on the way. After the first of the year my independent RV shop will fix.

Winnebago Industries had various trim levels for the floor plans, 3 in my year. The Horizon is the top trim and the real maple cabinetry is impressive. Also better level of appliances.

There were many makers of great RVs in the "pre crash period" but many didn't survive the "great economy or the 08 and later". Being able to get parts and factory servicing is a valuable asset.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote