Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2019, 10:27 PM   #1

Is there a new, mid entry diesel pusher with Allison 3000 transmission?

If you know of a new, mid-entry diesel pusher with Allison 3000 transmission, would you please let me know what it is?

We like some mid entry floorplans, such as Legacy and Palazzo, because we will use the bunk over the driver/passenger area on a regular basis and don’t want to have to duck under the bunk to use the entry door, which you would have to do on front entry floorplans.

Unfortunately, the mid-entry floorplans we have been able to find so far use the Allison 2500 or less, and have a little less HP/TQ and towing capacity than we would like.

Thank you.
content is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2019, 10:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by content View Post
If you know of a new, mid-entry diesel pusher with Allison 3000 transmission, would you please let me know what it is?

We like some mid entry floorplans, such as Legacy and Palazzo, because we will use the bunk over the driver/passenger area on a regular basis and don’t want to have to duck under the bunk to use the entry door, which you would have to do on front entry floorplans.

Unfortunately, the mid-entry floorplans we have been able to find so far use the Allison 2500 or less, and have a little less HP/TQ and towing capacity than we would like.

Thank you.
2008ish monoco diplomats have 3000's in them. Not sure what you consider mid entry
ArWeThereYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:55 AM   #3

The new entegra on the spartan k1. Also Newmar ventana and ventana le have the 3000 I believe.
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:46 AM   #4

Are there new mid-entry Entegras or Ventanas?

I don't think any of the new Monaco models have mid-entries ...or do they?

eta: content, I've been trying to think of any other current model DP's that have mid-entries other than the ones you've already mentioned and the only other one that comes to my mind right now is the Forest River Legacy but I just looked up their specs and they too have an Allison 2500. Same with the 34' Winny Forza.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:05 AM   #5

I believe all the Berkshires now come with a 3000 or larger.....
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:36 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Look at the Tiffin 33AA
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The tranny is matched to engine size and the two are usually tied to the target price range for the coach. If "mid-entry" means "cheaper", it's probably going to be a smaller diesel and a 2500 or less. If you want more, ya gotta step up a bit.

You will get a 3000 with an ISL engine because it is required to handle the greater torque. The ISX will get you a 4000. ISB's typically come with 2500's.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #8

Newmar Ventana. 360 HP ISB & 3000 series Allison.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:09 AM   #9

Is there a new, mid entry diesel pusher with Allison 3000 transmission?

The 2019 Nexus EvoQue 37E is a mid entry (if you’re referring to the location of the entry door being in the midsection rather than the front) diesel with Allison 3000 transmission.

I think there is some confusion on what you’re asking. Entry door location, or performance/trim level of the coach?
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:17 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
Holiday Rambler has some mid entry models in recent years.
Good luck.
bridluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:28 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The OP was referencing the location of the entry door, mid-coach rather than front entry. From what I have seen, those with the mid-coach door are the entry level (lower cost) DPs and use the less capable Alison 2100-2500 transmissions.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Mid entry means the door is not in the copilot's foot well. My 2006 Monaco Safari Cheetah 40PMt is a mid entry, the only mid entry floorplan they offered that year with 9 front entry. i have the Cat C7 350hp and the Alison 3000. I'm in the minority, but I love the mid entry, as it affords the copilot a much better seating position than a front entry and when entering, everything is 1/2 coach away at most
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:51 AM   #13

I too was frustrated by the lack of selection in mid entry door DP RVs. I loved the floor plans of some Tiffins but I love my wife more and want her by my side! And insult to injury is when the builders de-tune otherwise excellent engines so as not to damage the weak transmissions the put in.
I would have gladly paid more for the better trans/engine power combination. I wonder if it's even an option to order one from the factory with a different engine/trans combo?
Old 04-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
The 2019 Nexus EvoQue 37E is a mid entry (if you’re referring to the location of the entry door being in the midsection rather than the front) diesel with Allison 3000 transmission.

I think there is some confusion on what you’re asking. Entry door location, or performance/trim level of the coach?
Bingo!! I'm going to guess that is the only coach available that can be purchased new and has a mid-entry with an Allison 3,000. Kudos to Sunny1.

But, to tell you the truth,I think the OP made it clear about what he meant about "mid-entry" when describing the desire not to "duck under a bunk to use the entry door, which you would have to do on front entry floorplans." I'm not sure why so many are misinterpreting that.

However, he may have to build his own bunk over the cockpit/windshield area or have Nexus customize one ...I don't know.

From my interpretation of what the OP wanted is included in the title to this thread:

1. New not used
2. Mid-entry
3. Diesel pusher with Allison 3000 transmission

2019 EVOQUE 37E $255,903

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 Evoque 37e Class A Diesel Motorhome chassis specs, NeXus RV.png
Views:	108
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	241359  
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags