RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #1

Is Tiffin RED wet bay heated?

Is the underside of my 2020 Red 33AA, heated?

Id like to head to Utah, but am afraid of the 20 deg temperatures.

If the pipe bays arent heated, should I buy a small electric heater? And where do I place it?

Thanks in advance
Jerryss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #2

The wet bay is heated by the rear propane furnace. When driving there is enough residual engine heat to keep the bay warm. At night you might want to put a drop light with a 100W incandescent bulb in the bay for extra heat. With temps in the 20's that should be all you need.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:56 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As previously stated your RED should have an outlet from your furnace ducting to your wet bay.

For the times the coach is parked without the furnace running I put a small 250W heater connected to a Thermo Cube that comes on at 35 and shuts off at 45 on the floor of my wet bay.

It was in the 20's last night and at 6:00 AM this morning the outside temperature was 30 and the wet bay was 52.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wet bay heater.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	306026   Click image for larger version

Name:	250W Heater.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	306027  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermo Cube.jpg
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	306028  
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:19 PM   #4
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
As previously stated your RED should have an outlet from your furnace ducting to your wet bay.

For the times the coach is parked without the furnace running I put a small 250W heater connected to a Thermo Cube that comes on at 35 and shuts off at 45 on the floor of my wet bay.

It was in the 20's last night and at 6:00 AM this morning the outside temperature was 30 and the wet bay was 52.
Nice. That is precisely what I use as well. The same Thermo Cube from Home Depot but a slightly different heater from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I even put the heater on a small board as you do to keep the safety switch pushed in (because my compartment is ribbed) and to keep the heater out of any potential water.

I took my weather station outside temp sensor and put it in the rotocast wet bay. I do not have propane heat pumped in and it is about 3 degrees above the outside air temp in the 30s without the heater.

The water pump is in a different compartment which also is not heated but is foil insulated. It stays about ten degrees above the outside air temp, probably from residual heat from the fresh water tank in the same compartment.

Ray
Old 10-26-2020, 05:31 PM   #5

Thank you everyone.

I found a small heater with a thermostat at Home Depot. The bay is now at a comfortable 45 deg
Jerryss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:05 PM   #6

Tiffin heat

My RV is all electric, no propane. Planning trip in January along gulf coast to Texas. Can get cold. Cant find anything describing whether there is heat around my tanks. Any guidance Id appreciated
Doc Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:28 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Dan View Post
My RV is all electric, no propane. Planning trip in January along gulf coast to Texas. Can get cold. Can’t find anything describing whether there is heat around my tanks. Any guidance I’d appreciated
Since you are all electric you will have an Aquahot. There is a separate heater and temp sensor in the wet bay for the AH. All Tiffin wet bays are heated in one way or the other but in extreme cold you may need supplemental heat like the one shown above. That's what I use if the temps get down into the teens.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #8

On our 2019 all electric Phaeton 40 AH the wet bay is heated by the Aquahot. Tiffin book says this will allow RV to be used down to zero degree weather. If RV is stored in driveway I use an electric heater inside the bus and a small ceramic heater in the wet bay. Set both heaters to 40-45 degrees and turn off Aquahot to save on diesel fuel. I use a Nimble Pet monitor in the RV and if the temps get too high or too low it sends me and my wife a warning message and an email to let us know. Purchased this monitor so our Rat Terrier would be safe if we leave him in the RV in the summertime.
We Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:23 PM   #9

For future reference you may download sales brochures from the Tiffin library.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, tiffin