Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #15

[quote=6MISFITZ;521686]What a rough start to your camping season but glad to hear you and your DW are OK.

I hope your insurance company and body shop take care of the damage properly and have both of you at a campfire again soon....... and that the rest of your season is much smoother!

The insurance company wanted to total my motorhome and give me halve what its worth; boy did we go around about that. I said I would go to court to fight that; they then decided to pay to fix it.

After this is settled I believe I'll be looking for another insurance company.
I don't need this hassel. The sad part is I've been with this company for over 40 years. got both my cars and house insurance with them.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gald to hear you wern't hurt...A few years back I had a good scare, I cam over a hill and everything was stopped. After stopping myself, behind an 18 wheeler, I looked in the rear view mirror to see another 18 wheel tanker barreling down on my rear end (and me with no where to go). The driver hit the median and as he passed by I saw the Flammabale Liquid placards on the side. He was in a steep median and I have no idea how he kept it on its wheels... He did though and all I got was a pair of soiled drawers...I'm sure he did too...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #17

Got the pickup back today; it got off lucky; only $1750 fixed it; the motorhome is a whole lot worse; after the fight with the insurance; it's in the shop; they finaly started to repair it, shop estimates 5 to 6 weeks; there goes my summer; oh well theres always the fall in North Carolina.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyonman View Post
Gald to hear you wern't hurt...A few years back I had a good scare, I cam over a hill and everything was stopped. After stopping myself, behind an 18 wheeler, I looked in the rear view mirror to see another 18 wheel tanker barreling down on my rear end (and me with no where to go). The driver hit the median and as he passed by I saw the Flammabale Liquid placards on the side. He was in a steep median and I have no idea how he kept it on its wheels... He did though and all I got was a pair of soiled drawers...I'm sure he did too...
My greatest fear is getting ramed in the rear with an 18 wheeler; I think if I had been in your place; there wouldn't have been enough soap to clean my drawers.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #19

Once when I was up in the mountians an 18 wheeler passed me on a very steep down grade; clouds of smoke comming from all his breaks; I have no idea how he got the rig stopped (this was at least a 10 mile downgrade) but I passed him about a mile down the grade when he was pulled off to the side; smoke just boiling up around his rig.
that driver was either very skilled or extremly lucky. ------or maybe both.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #20

And this has what to do with this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
I just purchased the TST tire monitoring system yesterday. We leaving on another 3 month trip and I have been thinking about it for years. I think it is a wise investment and have convinced the DW of it. It hopefully arrives on Monday. I like the rechargable battery concept on the unit itself.

Mercedes MBE 926
Eddie Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #21

Lucky yes.. Skilled no.

P.s. The things that stop your vehicle are brakes, not breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert h View Post
Once when I was up in the mountians an 18 wheeler passed me on a very steep down grade; clouds of smoke comming from all his breaks; I have no idea how he got the rig stopped (this was at least a 10 mile downgrade) but I passed him about a mile down the grade when he was pulled off to the side; smoke just boiling up around his rig.
that driver was either very skilled or extremly lucky. ------or maybe both.

Mercedes MBE 926
Old 07-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #22

Quote:
And this has what to do with this thread?
Quote:
The things that stop your vehicle are brakes, not breaks
I guess it keeps the content and spelling monitor on their toes.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Foy View Post
Lucky yes.. Skilled no.

P.s. The things that stop your vehicle are brakes, not breaks.

Eddie Foy A question for you?

Is there a reason your nick picken these posts? Does anyone realy care if theres some misspelled words? I don't.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad to hear you kept your head upon your shoulders where it belongs. and all the other vital parts where they belong too.

Glad to hear you and wife are OK and yes, I have been saying seat belts save lives for a long long time.. Air bags, on the other hand, injure people.

Hope the idiot in the car has either deep pockets or a good insurance company and a wish for you to empty said pockets a bit.... What was he thinking "I want to pay those folks 1,000,000 each for reckless endangerment.. Sounds about right to me)

Happy legitation, since you will be on the winning side
Old 07-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Glad to hear you kept your head upon your shoulders where it belongs. and all the other vital parts where they belong too.

Glad to hear you and wife are OK and yes, I have been saying seat belts save lives for a long long time.. Air bags, on the other hand, injure people.

Hope the idiot in the car has either deep pockets or a good insurance company and a wish for you to empty said pockets a bit.... What was he thinking "I want to pay those folks 1,000,000 each for reckless endangerment.. Sounds about right to me)

Happy legitation, since you will be on the winning side

Yes were ok; thanks; but as in the first post that I put, the vehicle that caused the accident, took off and they didn't catch him. the car that hit me was hit by the car that took off. he lost control when he was hit, then he hit me; not his fault at all. I hope the person that caused the accident does NOT sleep well at night.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert h View Post
Does anyone realy care if theres some misspelled words? I don't.
I noticed.

Mercedes MBE 926