Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #1

Evergreen Owners Club
itasca ????

not sure if this is the rite place to post this , if not please let me no .
I am brand new at looking at RV's and went today and saw a few itasca and a 27 thor ace .
what are the mane deference's between the sunova , suncruiser and sunstar itasca being a newbie they all look nice but there seem's to be a big price difference that is hard to see if you don't no what your looking for .

also is there a big difference between the Thor and the Itasca in the 27 to 30 foot range ?

thank you
mike
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

We've been happy with our Itasca DP. One suggestion for comparing the various Itasca models is to go to Itasca Motor Homes and check the spec sheets on each. They do have a pretty good website and it can give you an idea of the differences. You'll come across some things you might not be familiar with and feel free to just post questions about that back here.

Can't help you with a comparison to the Thor.

Best of luck

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #3

If you are looking for a smooth ride stick with the Itasca the ACE is a very light chassis and you will feel the difference .David 😀
david2499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #4

Evergreen Owners Club
wife liked the 2013 sunstar 35 b same as the vista 35b . any comment's on this Rv for a newbieeeee ?
also estimated mpg ? maybe 8 ? what do you think ?

than you
mike
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #5

The differences in model, or price points, can be be very subtle. Don't know the specifics on an Itasca, but let me explain some differences in my brand, a Fleetwood Bounder. In mine, I only have a six gallon non electric water heater, but the next unit up the line has a 10 gal gas/electric. I don't have blinds or fans covering the front windshield, next unit up does. Could be a difference in the chassis ratings, 19.5 vs 22" wheels.

Do like Rico says, download the spec sheets from their website, or obtain brochures and compare them side by side. You will find the differences.

Just remember, a floor plan you like is most important, providing it has the little things you want.

Tags
itasca