Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #1

Itasca Meridian 36M bedroom slideout not moving

Hi all, could someone help. Our bedroom slideout is not moving in or out. It is amost out completely now. All other slideouts work ok. I have checked all the fuses, and they are OK.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
What year is your coach and what system do you have? Did you check the owners manual for the emergency retraction procedure? You should have a tool kit for this. If you call Winnebago Monday they may be able to talk you through some things.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #3

I read the manual. It did recommend some steps which i followed blindly. IT WORKED. Btw it is a 2013. I dont have a kit for manual cranking. Will call Winnebago on Monday. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:40 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I am glad that worked. The sad thing is that you had to use the procedure. I hope you can find a GOOD servicing dealer if Winnebago can't help you.

I love this lifestyle but the price we pay for it because of quality control issues certainly slows our cash flow down a bunch, and time enjoying the traveling.

I had a slide track fail on my last rig. The dealer I brought it to for repair insisted that he had fixed it. When he brought the room back out for my satisfaction it would not go back in. They had not noticed, as I did, that the track was BENT!!! They had to replace it and that took a couple of weeks. I consider that a quick fix.

A good outlook on life is helpful when we break down. All situations are temporary, bad and good. One short bad seems to take ten good ones to make me feel better.

Hope you are back in full service soon.

Rick
Old 07-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I am glad that worked. The sad thing is that you had to use the procedure. I hope you can find a GOOD servicing dealer if Winnebago can't help you.

I love this lifestyle but the price we pay for it because of quality control issues certainly slows our cash flow down a bunch, and time enjoying the traveling.

I had a slide track fail on my last rig. The dealer I brought it to for repair insisted that he had fixed it. When he brought the room back out for my satisfaction it would not go back in. They had not noticed, as I did, that the track was BENT!!! They had to replace it and that took a couple of weeks. I consider that a quick fix.

A good outlook on life is helpful when we break down. All situations are temporary, bad and good. One short bad seems to take ten good ones to make me feel better.

Hope you are back in full service soon.

Rick
Rick, you are soo right. We just started full timing and have a great time with the exception of things breaking down...sometime they fix themselves. It is hard to find a good place to fix all while on the road.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Plan a trip to Forest City. Call ahead for a service appointment. Take your shopping list of things to fix to the factory folks. They treat you like gold and do the job right the first time, for the most part. No one is perfect. Join wit and get the 10% discount on parts and stuff from the store.

We are hoping the make the Grand National Rally some year. We understand that it is a great place to learn about your rig and good RV living practices. Been at this for about 7 years and I am still learning.

Happy trails!

Rick
Old 07-29-2013, 05:57 AM   #7

Thanks again Rick. I think you answered mynext question. Where do full timers stay when their MH is being repaired? Ca you stay in your coach while the work on it at Forest City?
My TV antenna and one of the two little rubber antennas up top in front also broke in campground in Cap Cod hitting a low branch. I have put some silver waterproof tape until we get to somewhere to repair.
As you mentioned the list is getting longer and some are minor and the others might need some time to fix.
Normal service should come soon also as we have now over 3k miles.
Btw i think we are member of WIT for one year free since we bought this new. Hope i am correct if not i will join.
I have also purchased full maintenance from Good Sam for 7 years costing in excess of $11k. Between Winnebago and them hoping someone will cover some of the issues. Cost is not a big issue yet as we just retired but time to stay and fix and where to go is the big question. Last recall took two weeks at the repair facility but we were still at our house and did not cause big problem.
Sorry for long note but I needed to talk to someone like you who understand these well.
Thanks again as we are only one month into this.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #8

We were able to stay in our coach during the off hours during service at Forest City. Most folks that were in for service items also stayed in their coaches. Call to discuss the issues with the service advisors. They were very happy to accommodate us and others. I wish Iowa was alot closer to Oregon! I would love to be reasonably able to make another trip there.
capnqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Relax Nxkharra. We are all friends here. Type away!

Yes, as capnqball stated. Your coach is available at night if the repairs allow it. Ours wasn't and we had to stay in the motel down the road. This is the second time we had to vacate the coach for repairs when at FC. We stayed in the inn across the road but that was too much money for our budget and the barking dog next door was... You choose your own opinion.

If you are a wit member you will have received a licence type plate with your member # on it. I stacked ours above the front plate.

About damage to your rig from low branches. My stepson gave me a gift of a Fiskus ratchet pole cutter. I often use it and I am not shy about it. I have a house in Lakeville and the main road to the lake had many low branches when we arrived late last month. We overnighted in a parking lot at a closing RV store not far away. We put the cutter in the car and headed down the road that I was concerned about. The association has no clue about the low branches. I walked trimming and Melissa followed in the car. Saved the rig from certain damage. I have done this type of thing many times before and have never been criticized for it. Many smiles received!

So, when you go to FC make an appointment first. Walk-ins are charged more. Bring your Kindle and laptop because there is not much to do as you wait. The center of town is a nice walk and the old guy at the Hallmark store has wonderful historical stories to tell of Winnebago. The quilt store is almost an art museum. A good time killer is a ride to West Bend to see the Grotto: Home Page

The FC facility is one of the few places that will align the front end correctly. It is a very good idea after you are loaded and satisfied with where you are storing things. Major weight relocations in the rig change how the tires meet the road.

Happy trails,

Rick