RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjohnson913 View Post
If you like the floor plan of the 35K the best I'd offer you one more choice before you decide. Entegra added a couple gas models to their line up. The Entegra Emblem 36U is a very similar floor plan with a king bed and optional stacked washer dryer. A quick review of the specs shows the Entegra longer wheel base, higher capacity front and rear axles and two 15K BTU A/Cs.
Entegra has always promoted ride and handling and they have added some suspension and shock upgrades to the Ford chassis.
I'm not trying to make your decision any more challenging but it's a lot of money to spend so get as much comparing and information as you can.
Best of luck on your purchase and post your pics of your new coach.
I was intrigued with the Emblem and then drove one last week. It needs better sound proofing on the engine if it's going to compete with Tiffin and Newmar.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
I was intrigued with the Emblem and then drove one last week. It needs better sound proofing on the engine if it's going to compete with Tiffin and Newmar.
Notice that the Tiffin rear bath actually has room to dry off. Also note that there are no slides on patio slide to get in the way and the storage compartments both in and out are the most spacious on the 36LA. After 5 years and 2 yrs as snowbirds we are totally happy with our 36LA.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
To V3600: My 2016 Bounder 35K has ducted A/C and is quiet... saying only Newmar and Tiffin are ducted is incorrect.
wayno347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Canyon Star is on a 26K chassis.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:00 AM   #19

Thank You

Thank you for all your responses, advice and info from your experiences. I am humbled that you all would take time to invest and help me with this decisions. There are so many questions that are asked on an hourly basis, this is a busy forum, and that chose to help me is amazing.

Thanks again irv2 family,

Keith
kdflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #20

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdflyer View Post
Thank you for all your responses, advice and info from your experiences. I am humbled that you all would take time to invest and help me with this decisions. There are so many questions that are asked on an hourly basis, this is a busy forum, and that chose to help me is amazing.

Thanks again irv2 family,

Keith
Keith, good luck and enjoy the search. It is stressful but we also found it to be great fun.

I agree floor plan is huge; if you and DW are not comfortable nothing else matters. We love the floor plan in ours but there are other things I have learned that we "need" in our next coach.

Ducted AC is one; yes ours are ducted but still have the AC on roof and as others have said they are noisy when trying to watch TV. Less carpet is best. Carpet is much harder to keep clean. Couch and chairs must be comfortable and have footrests, ottomans, etc. Some couches are not very comfortable.

Finally as someone else said take a long test ride but also spend an hour or more in the coach if you can. Actually sit and watch TV or read if you can. Have DW spend some time pretending to cook in the kitchen. With the slides in can you get to bath, frig, bedroom? Can you make a quick lunch on the road and eat inside in the AC if it is hot outside? Do they have RV frig or residential? If RV I would never have one in a slide again, too many problems cooling those. I would definately go residential but then you need to ensure you have adequate battery power.

Good luck in your quest and enjoy it.

D
Old 08-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #21

We have a Bounder 35K. Love the floorplan. Noisy on the road but I expected that. I have driven a total of one motorhome. But I have driven buses and lots of trucks. The 35K chassis is light up front. The distance from the rear axle to the rear cap is about 12'!! It wallowed a lot when we first got it. I put on a rear track bar, did the CHF added a steering stabilizer and sumo springs up front. Totally different vehicle now.

The towing capacity on the Fleetwood is not as high as I'd like. If you load the coach up pretty good you will be hard pressed to stay within the CGVW with any toad over 4,000 lbs. I think the Southwind and Bounder are pretty much the same.

Tags
gas