Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2020, 07:56 AM   #1

Jack Pad Choices

Good morning all!! We are still waiting for a delivery date on our new motor home, but I guess it gives us the time to shop for what we’ll need! 🤷*♀️ Looking for feedback on SnapPad Xtra Leveling Pads. We know they stay on, and just wondered if that was a good or bad thing. Any opinions and pros and cons would be great!!
Edandjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2020, 08:05 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
After reading all the comments and reviews I could find, I put snap pads on my M/H. They were very hard to install, but they are not coming off inadvertently.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:11 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
I know it's not pretty but we use 18" lengths of 2x10. We just stop an a real lumber store (as opposed to a discount home improvement store) and pick out the best length of lumber we can get, usually in a 10' length. Avoid pressure treat because that is usually a poorer grade. The store will happily cut it into 18" lengths.

These have saved our butts big time because not only are these great pads with a large footprint but when you get stuck in mud, sand or loose dirt with no tow in sight you can do the classic jack the wheel and slide the boards under. Then raise the jack and drive off.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Have snap pads mounted and pretty much they work perfectly. I didn’t find them difficult at all to install. Lube them with some soapy water , have someone letting your jacks down one at a time, line them up and they just pop on. I’ve also removed them and re-installed on new MH.
Tim Fox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
Have snap pads mounted and pretty much they work perfectly. I didn’t find them difficult at all to install. Lube them with some soapy water , have someone letting your jacks down one at a time, line them up and they just pop on. I’ve also removed them and re-installed on new MH.
Ditto....

I can't see them just falling off, they popped on tightly...

Very convenient having a pad already mounted whether it's needed or not...
Old 11-16-2020, 09:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edandjenn View Post
Good morning all!! We are still waiting for a delivery date on our new motor home, but I guess it gives us the time to shop for what we’ll need! 🤷*♀️ Looking for feedback on SnapPad Xtra Leveling Pads. We know they stay on, and just wondered if that was a good or bad thing. Any opinions and pros and cons would be great!!
We use these on our big 5th wheel toy hauler. Really like these. They were easy to install. But if you drag it could pull one off, been there.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/ 4:10 rearend
2016 E-Z-Go Golf Cart 2 Dachshunds DJ (Rainbow Bridge 9-12-2019) & Joey
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:04 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We have been using snap pads for 2 years with no problems at all. The work great.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:17 PM   #8

i have snap pads and they work well. in soft grass i put a hard surface under them, that's just me. the RV is parked in our side driveway so I got them primarily to protect our concrete.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:18 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
We have them and have a mixed review. We lost one. When I got under the rig on a lift, it was easy to see why. That jack was too close to a frame member and when it came up, it stripped off on a bumpy road. If you have the clearance for them, they are great.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:29 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We bought the SnapPads for the front and liked them, so we added them on the rears. We're very happy with them and they meet the requirements of campgrounds that require pads.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:43 PM   #11

Sure like ours. Had some interference problems so we contacted SnapPad directly and they were extremely helpful in making slight modifications so they’d fit properly. Easy to install with two people. Cannot believe they could ever come off. Still carry our old pads just in case its really soft.
bobmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:16 PM   #12

I'd like to get something like SnapPads, but $200+ for a set of four rubber pads seems crazy expensive. Are there less expensive options without resorting to blocks of wood?
Old 11-17-2020, 06:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
I'd like to get something like SnapPads, but $200+ for a set of four rubber pads seems crazy expensive. Are there less expensive options without resorting to blocks of wood?
I felt the same way but finally bit the bullet and got some. After 6 months I now wish that I had gotten them sooner. In my case, the big advantage is that they provide a much more stable base for sand or gravel based campsites. Living in Florida, I see lots of those.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:37 AM   #14

After years of using the lego type pads, (just to increase the foot print) after one campout I had finally had enough of those and the small foot print.

After looking I decided on the "bigfoot" product. They are bigger than the snap on pads, heaver duty and really not that much more work. I feel very comfortable using them when parked on soft surface.

https://www.outriggerpads.com/for-rvs/
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote