Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 06:26 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
I made mine. I bought 2 eight ft pieces of 2x6 pressure treated wood. Cut them to 1 ft length, then used four of these pieces screwed together with deck screws. Drilled a hole in the ends and put a small rope in there to make pulling them out easier.

Multiple uses
  • Under the lever jacks
  • wheel chocks
  • stacked for additional step for entry way
  • pads for bottle jack for changing a tire
  • stacked for patio drink table
  • or wood for the campfire.
Leveling the Southwind – Jack Pads have many uses – 1999 Southwind 35S

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JackPads_2_1200.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	541.3 KB
ID:	242948  
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #16

made 1 foot square blocks from 2x4's covered with plywood and have a rope handle attached. they work fine. when towing we just put them and the chocks in the bed of the pickup. i think blocks like this provide more height than the snap pads would. but you have to admit the snap pads look good and are easier to use.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:42 AM   #17

DICA pads are nice. We use in the crane industry and they make one for RVs. Love them
Woody57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #18

The snap pads would be nice but it seems to me they would only work in less than half the campgrounds i have been to.

I seem to need some wood blocks 2x6x12'' for uneven ground about 8 to 12 pieces. A few 2x4x12 to save space and put on top of the 2x6 or beside for a better foot print for the front tires.

Four to 8 to drive the front wheels on and 4 to 6 under front pads. and then maybe a couple under the back pads. But if the ground was wet and soft Ii possibly would not have enough but then i would need a better designed campground.

If the site is level, dry and hard and just over night no pads are nessarry unless it is asphalt. Have not been to a place yet that needed blocking the rear tires blocked thank goodness.
Dougsee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
snap pads

I have snap pads as well fit great on my 8" hwh levelers have a 2017 Tiffin open road I used to rubber pads but hard to position all the time good luck
toad Pruis V 2017
mcjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmon View Post
We use 2x12, 2x whatever.. no issues. Pads have broken and left me stranded; stuck and sucked up.
Carry lots of wood. Good for sewage, steps, level jacks...
You got it! For many many years I have used wood. Just pull over at any lumber yard, puck up the longest 2x12 they have and ask them to cut it into lengths that fit into your space and use all of the wood. For a ten footer it will be 16 inches I think. Nobody has ever charged me to cut it but I would gladly pay. I'll take a nice pine board over pressure treated any day. It's better wood and you won't be leaving it in contact with wet ground for years anyway. You can tie a cord onto it or' if you have one of those awning puller rods they work great to pull them out.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:44 PM   #21
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougsee3 View Post
The snap pads would be nice but it seems to me they would only work in less than half the campgrounds i have been to.
May I ask why?

Thanks,

Ray
NXR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:52 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
The best I've found..

Sicduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:42 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
We are stepping up from a MBS Class C to a Tiffen 32SA and are looking at jack pads for the auto levelers. Obviously, I would think that any plastic pad is out of the questions, so this puts you into some rubberized version. Dicor seems to be popular, but incredibly expensive for a chunk of rubber with a rope, or am I taking too simple a look? Then, there seems to be the lates, Snap Pads - but I am not too sure as to how these would distribute weight, as the size I would need is the 8" version - but the price is under $100, with a discount. People seem to review the Snap Pad well, but if boondocking, or in a rain soaked area, how would they fare. I would appreciate any and all comments or recommendations.
I bought the snap pads about a year ago and love them, I put my Jack's down on every type of ground without any problems.
tmelsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:31 PM   #24

3/4" Stall mats work great.
Buy a 4 foot by 6 foot sheet for under $50 and use a utility knife to cut out whatever size you pads you need. There are several threads on this site about using stall mats for this purpose.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...bber-stall-mat
Old 04-22-2019, 12:05 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicduc View Post
The best I've found..

https://www.amazon.com/RoadWarrior-D.../dp/B07DRTHG1P and $48 each.

As one review stated, you get what you pay for.. I paid nothing for my lumber, but no failures yet.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:33 AM   #26

Why do I need these? What's wrong with putting the jack pads on the ground? Wouldn't they confuse the auto-leveler?
Fairfieldwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:43 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
I love the snap-pads. On our Bounder, the jacks are quite a bit under the coach, making it hard to position the blocks for leveling.

We've parked on all kinds of surfaces and haven't had any problems with the pads - wet, dry, asphalt, gravel. The only time we've needed anything else is for sites where leveling is an issue - and we'd have that with any pad.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #28

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
https://www.amazon.com/RoadWarrior-D.../dp/B07DRTHG1P and $48 each.

As one review stated, you get what you pay for.. I paid nothing for my lumber, but no failures yet.
Just looked at these on Amazon. $69.95 EACH!!!
Seems a little pricey that an 8' section of 2x10 could replace and probably be better if cut into 1' sections, screwed together and a door handle placed on each on.

Thanks for the info but I think I will pass.
DamonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote