Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2019, 01:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonCamper View Post
Just looked at these on Amazon. $69.95 EACH!!!
Seems a little pricey that an 8' section of 2x10 could replace and probably be better if cut into 1' sections, screwed together and a door handle placed on each on.

Thanks for the info but I think I will pass.
That's $69.99 each PLUS $30 shipping. Order 4 it comes to $279.96 plus $45 shipping. YIKES!

I'm very happy with the Snap Pads. And have my own home made wooden pads too.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
We are stepping up from a MBS Class C to a Tiffen 32SA and are looking at jack pads for the auto levelers. Obviously, I would think that any plastic pad is out of the questions, so this puts you into some rubberized version. Dicor seems to be popular, but incredibly expensive for a chunk of rubber with a rope, or am I taking too simple a look? Then, there seems to be the lates, Snap Pads - but I am not too sure as to how these would distribute weight, as the size I would need is the 8" version - but the price is under $100, with a discount. People seem to review the Snap Pad well, but if boondocking, or in a rain soaked area, how would they fare. I would appreciate any and all comments or recommendations.
We have snap pads on a 50k pound class A and they are great. They help stop from sinking in on sandy surfaces. They hold up well. I would order a set first think if we moved to a new coach.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:13 PM   #31

2 x 12s, 2-feet long. Eye screw in the ends and a short piece of Nylon rope to pull them out. Simple and cheap. I’ve used this set for 6 years now with zero problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0072.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	394.9 KB
ID:	243149
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #32

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Go to home Depot and pickup some rubber stair treads.
I believe they are 10in by 4 ft and 1 1/4 inch thick.
I just picked them up and will cut them to size.

I tried the plastic stacking ones and find they collect a lot of dirt and crap that goes into the storage compartments.

Advantages
Nothing can stick very hard
Cut to fit
Can be used under jacks and tires. won't slip when stacked.

I got tired of wood had to keep replacing.

One downside they are a bit on the heavy side but not a real concern unless your at your GVW limit.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:38 PM   #33

Nothing to carry, lug around or build up. Placed the Snap Pads two years ago and never looked back. Have gone down on all kinds of surfaces, wet and dry and no problem. Don’t give them a second thought and provide me with peace of mind and ease when pulling in or out, rain or shine.
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonCamper View Post
Just looked at these on Amazon. $69.95 EACH!!!
Seems a little pricey that an 8' section of 2x10 could replace and probably be better if cut into 1' sections, screwed together and a door handle placed on each on.

Thanks for the info but I think I will pass.
Scuze me, but I stand corrected and would like to revise and extend my remark.....

$69.99 PLUS $30 shipping = $100 per
Old 04-22-2019, 11:17 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Treated 2X10 and 4X4 lumber. Cheap, strong, and no big deal if you have to leave something behind.
This is what I have. Even someone like me can make them easily.[emoji23]
Skipper Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:07 AM   #36

Just when I thought the price was insane....I saw the weight of just 4 of them....92 lbs....[emoji23]Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190423-020440.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	243219
sjweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:23 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
My owners manual suggested screwing and glueing 2, 3/4 x 14" pieces of plywood together. I made 3 seven years ago and they are still working well. However, I am getting tired of placing and removing them at each campground.
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:31 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
We are stepping up from a MBS Class C to a Tiffen 32SA and are looking at jack pads for the auto levelers. Obviously, I would think that any plastic pad is out of the questions, so this puts you into some rubberized version. Dicor seems to be popular, but incredibly expensive for a chunk of rubber with a rope, or am I taking too simple a look? Then, there seems to be the lates, Snap Pads - but I am not too sure as to how these would distribute weight, as the size I would need is the 8" version - but the price is under $100, with a discount. People seem to review the Snap Pad well, but if boondocking, or in a rain soaked area, how would they fare. I would appreciate any and all comments or recommendations.
If you like the ABS stackables use them. Their light easy to carry and you'll likely send them to China before they crush. I only use them if I'm on really out of level sites or the ground os soft.
KenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:32 AM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmon View Post
Please, educate more of "Snap Pads"? They go on foot pad of jacks? Thank you.
If you go to their website, there is a video for installation and demonstration. Love mine. Many campgrounds require something under the jacks and these don't get waterlogged like wood.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:41 AM   #40

I cut up a 4x4 barn mat into 12"squares. It's about 3/4" thick and waterproof. I also cut 2x12 deck boards to 12". I put the rubber mat down, then the board. They don't shoot in the water!
GoatLocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:46 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatLocker View Post
I cut up a 4x4 barn mat into 12"squares. It's about 3/4" thick and waterproof. I also cut 2x12 deck boards to 12". I put the rubber mat down, then the board. They don't shoot in the water!
I got tired of crawling around under the coach trying to get the correct positioning. My knees aren't what they used to be. My SnapPads are quicker and easier, especially on the knees in the rain.[emoji591]🤠
Old 04-23-2019, 07:00 AM   #42

I have the snap pads. I like them ok. If I am on soft ground I use pads made out of UHMW. I have never had a issue.
rvingchub is offline   Reply With Quote