RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2018, 04:46 AM   #113

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f122/maxx...ms-100127.html
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2018, 05:46 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massparanoia View Post
Oooh, ouch! That Maxxforce 7 sounds like a problem. I'm glad I have a Cummins.
Maybe the OP knows about these problems and has found an online solution??? I don't know if the DPF delete is the solution or not; beyond my knowledge. I do know that I have driven tens of thousands of miles with DPF and DEF injection system on my Ford truck for several years and now on my motorhome with a Cummins engine without a single problem with those systems. On my vehicles, the pollution control system works as advertised. The engines are designed with the exhaust system and resistances in mind. It works real good and keeping the air clean without any black smoke. I would be very nervous to remove components that are part of the critical engine design, and then expect it to operate properly on either of my vehicles. That said, maybe his engine is a problem and there might be a work around to get it to function properly. I wish him luck.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:48 AM   #115

DPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by g111857 View Post
Did you purchase a extended warranty? If so that might be a consideration in removing any of that system.
We purchased an extended warranty through camping world, it does not cover anything dealing with exhaust filters. International Garage says this DPF filter could not be cleaned has to be replaced for $5000. We are trying to clean the fuel system now with Diesel additives. Hope it works. We have only 51000 miles on engine, not done any extensive idling.
2timestravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #116

Quote:
Is there any way you can unload the RV, trade it for something different?
Well probably pay it off in a year or so and sell it for something different at that time.
jacob11379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #117

Quote:

I did read this thread a couple weeks ago...was not the kind of threads I was hoping to find after buying an RV BUT thats really my fault for not taking the time to research prior to buying so it is what it is.

With that said there is a lot more happy people than sad....
Old 08-22-2018, 07:51 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by g111857 View Post
Did you purchase a extended warranty? If so that might be a consideration in removing any of that system.

I contacted the shop im taking coach to next month. They said that there is some vehicles they can not delete but mine sounds like it can be as it does not have DEF. He did say that IF the shop said yes there has been modifications to the exhaust warranty may not cover BUT not only does warranty normally not cover exhaust but they are not going to relinquish any extra information to the warranty place and nobody is gonna come check to see for themselves.

But that doesnt mean another shop would mention it so if im out and about and get stranded there is risk unless I tote the old one around and just change it out if need be...

I deal with warranty all the time. I always tell them that it broke due to age and usage. No matter what.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:48 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob11379 View Post
I contacted the shop im taking coach to next month. They said that there is some vehicles they can not delete but mine sounds like it can be as it does not have DEF. He did say that IF the shop said yes there has been modifications to the exhaust warranty may not cover BUT not only does warranty normally not cover exhaust but they are not going to relinquish any extra information to the warranty place and nobody is gonna come check to see for themselves.

But that doesnt mean another shop would mention it so if im out and about and get stranded there is risk unless I tote the old one around and just change it out if need be...

I deal with warranty all the time. I always tell them that it broke due to age and usage. No matter what.
How much was the warranty? If you’re only gonna keep it for a year or two, cancel it, get your money back, delete the DPF professionally.

It may run so much better afterword that you’ll decide to keep it. I had a friend delete the 6.0 diesel in his Ford and it ran great after.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #120

Quote:
How much was the warranty? If you’re only gonna keep it for a year or two, cancel it, get your money back, delete the DPF professionally.

It may run so much better afterword that you’ll decide to keep it. I had a friend delete the 6.0 diesel in his Ford and it ran great after.
warranty was 8k and only for 3 years. We hadnt planned on only keeping it for a short time but this engine part wasnt planned either so it has certainly brought on a different train of thought.

Hadnt crossed my mind to cancel warranty. but actually i didnt know that we could so this is good information to seriously ponder.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #121

We made it to our destination. No engine codes or regen light.

I got scan gauge hooked up for trip out.

Can't remember but pretty sure I read some threads on maxxforce 7 turbo boost psi being so we here around 22ish???!!!!

I never got over 16psi at any part of the trip here, considering scan gauge is right.

Can anybody confirm on turbo boost psi?
Old 08-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #122

Quote:
We made it to our destination. No engine codes or regen light.

I got scan gauge hooked up for trip out.

Can't remember but pretty sure I read some threads on maxxforce 7 turbo boost psi being so we here around 22ish???!!!!

I never got over 16psi at any part of the trip here, considering scan gauge is right.

Can anybody confirm on turbo boost psi?
Boost pressures on a diesel are usually fairly high. I wouldn’t think that 22psi is outside the realm of possibility. Modern diesels are designed to be turbocharged from the outset.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #123

Quote:
warranty was 8k and only for 3 years. We hadnt planned on only keeping it for a short time but this engine part wasnt planned either so it has certainly brought on a different train of thought.

Hadnt crossed my mind to cancel warranty. but actually i didnt know that we could so this is good information to seriously ponder.
Also, $8,000 for a 3 year warranty seems insane.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:32 PM   #124

Quote:
Also, $8,000 for a 3 year warranty seems insane.
We canceled it...

Thanks