Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2021, 10:44 AM   #1

Keyless entry system by Wolf West or ProController by HDC

First this is a long post, but I just finished an effort to understand fully how my system works on my 2004 American Tradition. Hope this will be of help to someone.

What Ive learned about my WolfWest now HDC poplocks remote door locking system. The following is a list of spare parts I acquired in the processes - at this time these parts are of limited quantity.

I bought a complete, new locking system off Ebay for $69 that included controller, wiring, key fobs, a inside remote, siren, etc for $69.99. +S/H
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164141072147
This site also has lesser packages ie controller only for $35.

I also found the remote key fobs for $7.77 (their are others types also. Just be sure it is a 315 MHz transmitter)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392654784131

Replacement A23 12 volt batteries for remotes, take your pick
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=A23+12v+A...f=nb_sb_noss_2

If your inside remote switch has gotten flaky and you know how to solder. This switch is very common. Its used in older cars for electric windows
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072T3PXVM...a-0781336521d5
or
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...OXASPK6I&psc=1

And finally the actuator in the door, $18 (more on that later)
https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2...Category_Code=

Manual go to https://poplocks.com/support/pro-e-ver1/ and click on manual
The above info may change, but poplocks.com has all of it new, but at a much higher price of course but I understand they are a real helpful company.

Well now I have 2 complete programed control units that work with 4 key fobs (3 sets of keys, and one of the remote fobs in the tow car) and 3 inside remotes!!

Some things I learned.

First. Replace your batterys in the remotes!

Programing is easy once you figure it out. Since I had a complete spare set I wired the system up in my shop to figure it all out. If you try to do it on the coach it is a 2 person job. One at the Ign switch the other pushing the button. What they refer to as the "valet switch" is probably attached to the back of the controller which most say is under the coach steps. It is a round black plastic about the size of a bottle cap with a button on the top and an led on the side

You have 5 seconds to press the Valet button 10 times AFTER you turn your ignition switch from off to ACC (not start). Not too fast just get it done 10 times in 5 seconds. It takes practice. Dont give up. When you succeed the alarm will chirp 3 times. You now have 15 seconds to press any button on you wireless remote, then another 15 to do the second, etc.
If the alarm does not chirp 3 times. Turn the ign switch off. This resets everything then turn it to ACC and try again. Just a note if your valet switch has sat unused for many years press it 20 or 30 times to "clean" the switch contacts before you start.

Another interesting thing I found out on my coach (2004 american Tradition) ref the 2 actuators in the door. The actuators are DC driven motors. DC motors are polarity sensitive. The locking system locks and unlocks by switching polarity to these actuators. It sends a momentary 12 volt pulse. On my coach both actuators are identical BUT due to the mechanics of the hardware in the door the two actuators are wired opposite of each other. To lock and unlock one moves in the opposite direction to the other. My system is a 2 wire actuator. The Actuator I bought from A1electric has the matching connector for my coach. It is wired correctly for one but I would have to flip the connector pins for the other.

WHAT EVER YOU DO. DONT SHUT THE DOOR UNTIL YOU TEST IT OUT!!!! Also be sure you have a set of keys in your pocket just to be safe!

Hope this helps somebody. I am now a much happier camper knowing I have a full spare.

Cheers, Joe

Actuator Controller Valet switch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	actuator.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	340369   Click image for larger version

Name:	wolfwest - pro controller.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	340370  

Click image for larger version

Name:	valet switch.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	340371  
navyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2022, 12:43 PM   #2

This worked perfectly for my 05 American Eagle. Thank you.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:57 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Excellent write up, Joe! I have the same system but I've never found the "valet button". It may be missing. And the PO disconnected the siren or it is non functional. I may do as you did and buy a spare.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 03:10 PM   #4

Glad to know the write-up helped you!
Old 11-05-2023, 09:48 PM   #5

Do you know if they have a wireless keypad that I can put outside, will the poplocks one work?
Hurricane67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 12:06 PM   #6

Sorry, I dont know the answer to that. Might check with poplocks.com