Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTrack View Post
A couple of years ago we were asleep in a pull behind camper. Guy comes through the campground in a BIG 5th wheel. Swings wide with the over swing taking out the back quarter panel and taillight of my truck. He had no idea he even hit it. Neighbor came over and told me what had happened showing me where the guy parked. 5th wheel guy was really upset at himself for doing the damage and helped to call his insurance company to settle everything. Would never have know though if it were not for the neighbor looking out for me.

Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Noticed you are new on IRV2 and wanted to say hello! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #16

Not today, but last fall. We were at a campground when a lady started trying to back into the spot next to us with a bumper pull. She was having a terrible time, and I offered to help. I backed the trailer in for them. Her husband was visually impaired, and they had a young child with them. I continued helping them set up giving tips like "No, that's the blank tank rinse" and explaining as we went I saw them recently in a store and stopped for a chat, and they said they were still camping.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #17

About 3 months ago in Florida the guy next to us was working on something on his rear hitch. I approached him and said, "hey neighbor whatcha doing"? Oh just touching up my hitch with some black paint.

We chatted for about 10 minutes or so and by that time he had finished and he had black gloss paint all over his hands. I said to him, "do you have anything to get all that paint off your hands". Nope he said. I said I do come on......so we walked around to my tool bay and I handed him some paper towels & a spray bottle of mineral spirits I keep on hand. He cleaned up and was so thankful. Later the next day we spent the whole afternoon with him and his very energetic and funny wife outside their coach watching a NASCAR race and having a BBQ. Very pleasant and fun retired couple. We clicked with them immediately.

3 months later........
This couple has turned out to be some really neat new friends now. We stay in touch frequently. We just had lunch with them in Texas last week and plan to meet up when we can in the future and especially in the Keys next winter.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #18

Chased a older fella ( older than 53) leaving out of the park the other day pulling his 50 amp cord down the park. The site of it getting stuck or wrapped up around the tandems was going through my mind.
RWDJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Not RV related, but still heart warming. The wife and I have volunteered for the last 2 years to be bell ringers at a local WalMart for the Salvation Army in the RGV. We have seen $5 and even $10 bills dropped in the bucket, but what really makes us smile are the young children that reach into their pockets and donate their change. Kudo's to them and their parents!

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
It's too easy to fill forums with problems and complaints. I agree that we all learn from those problems and the myriad of responses our public provide.

However, I was thinking - how about we help train each other regarding ways we can help others.

I'm thinking about the fellow in the site on your driver's side that saw your water hose leaking at the faucet and comes to your door with a new washer and a smile.

Or the guy that hands you his spare plastic bag when you're walking your dog and found your pocket was empty when the pup "did the doo."

And, all those folks that see you fiddlin' with your water heater and come over to see if they can help...

So - I guess I'm asking for unsung heroes - What did you do today to help someone have a better day?
AWESOME IDEA FOR A STICKY THREAD!!! We certainly don't hear enough about the GOOD STUFF!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #21

Nothing makes me happier than being able to be of service to someone in need! I try my best to turn fears and tears into safety and smiles...for me, THAT'S what it's all about!

Over the years I've been fortunate to have many many hugs and that my friends is all the payment that I've ever wanted!!!

Old 12-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #22

Years ago when I was 16, I broke down by the side of the road. A family pulled over and asked if I needed a tow. I said yes but home was over an hour away. He pulled out a tow rope and towed me to my front door. I offered $$ but he said to do the same for someone else in the future and would not take a dime. They obviously didn't have much money but wouldn't take any. Over the years I have helped over a dozen stranded people and wont take a dime either.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
Years ago when I was 16, I broke down by the side of the road. A family pulled over and asked if I needed a tow. I said yes but home was over an hour away. He pulled out a tow rope and towed me to my front door. I offered $$ but he said to do the same for someone else in the future and would not take a dime. They obviously didn't have much money but wouldn't take any. Over the years I have helped over a dozen stranded people and wont take a dime either.
A Class Act Mr. Bahama!!!

Old 12-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #24

Ha, I was just thinking of last summer sitting at the little park in WV watching a good sized 5th wheel leaving with one of his cargo doors open. I must have chased him for 20 miles with the Tracker before catching him and getting him to stop. He was thankful and offered to pay, but I remembered all the folks who had helped me and asked that I pass it on, so I did.

And kudos to you folks for ringing the bell for the Salvation Army, my favorite charity. When I was in the Navy I traveled through Philly a number of times on my way home to WV. I had very little money. The Salvation Army had a place there that would provide a sandwich and drink at no charge. At that time I decided if and when I was able to I would provide whatever support I could so they could help others the way they did me, and I have.

I'll never forget the guy who went past us at a farm exit in WY off I-80 one morning while I was underneath the TC working on it, then stopped and backed up to ask if anyone was hurt. When I said no, I was only working on the truck he asked, want a beer? Apparently he had already had a few. I told him no thanks, and he drove on down the road.

Steve

1996 Dodge Cummins 2500 with 1996 Lance 945 camper
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:05 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
This is one of the reasons I like RVing. 99% of the people who RV are so friendly and would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:39 PM   #26

In my "Raising the Mountain Aire back from the Dead" thread, it is filled with my good fortune of finding back to back people across a month of activity that stepped up and helped as good natured people. I now call them my friends. I will be going back to Las Vegas for the CES show in January and will again be joining them for dinner. I am staying at the house of one of them as well.

Months later, on our cross country trip in the reborn MA, we pulled into a rest area for a break. In front was a Class C that had a tire blown out with four guys trying to figure out what to do. I asked what's up and they replied they didn't have the tools to swap the tire. So, I opened up the tool box and got them on their way. They were so appreciative that the RV owner said "next time you are in San Diego, please join my family for dinner". I replied, thanx many, but please just help out the next guy you find in need, and told them the quick story of how I was so helped out in Las Vegas rebuilding my RV. We passed each other back and forth a few times down the highway giving each other horn toots. Nice.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:47 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Last June my wife and I were in Reno for our grandson's HS graduation. My wifwe had been in the hospital before we left for Reno. Unknown to us when we left home, she had a staph infection. We were in Reno 3 days when she became septic and wound up in the hospital for a week. She had to have a surgery and we did not know how long before she could travel to get home. Bordertown RV in Reno allowed us to stay in the same spot on a day to day basis for a week until she was released to go home. Now the great story.

She was released at 3:00 PM and we had a Dr. appointment the following day in Bakersfield at 2:00 PM. We went back to the rig and I parked in front of the MH so my wife did not have to walk far to get inside. While we were getting her comfortable on the couch, there came a knock at he door. A lady asked if I could move the car as her husband was bringing their MH to their spot and would need the room to get by. I explained that we were leaving and why I had parked close to the entrance to our MH. I moved the car and proceeded to break cmp. A few minutes later her husband came by driving a new looking Newmar with a tag axle. They parked a few spaced away and he started setting up. She walked over to me and said she wanted to fix us a sack lunch for our trip. She went inside and talked with my wife a few minutes. She left and returned with a lunch bag with two sandwiches, chips, juice drinks and a few cookies. She asked for our names so they could pray for us on our journey.

We made Bakersfield the following day and were able to keep the appointment with the Dr. So a week in the hospital, surgery, a PICC line, and two weeks of home antibiotic infusion therapy, and she is good as new. We have a great story to tell of the great folks in the RV family.
960 watts of solar, 440 Amp hours AGM batteries
KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:32 AM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrilynn View Post
We have been so blessed by strangers and our neighbor’s it is hard to know where to start!
Our first time at an RV park, I was connecting for the first time. A young man parked next to me helped more than once!
Turned out he worked at the local Camping World. (It is one of the good CW)
Now, I have to laugh, but my mistake was when I connected to electric, I did not flip the breaker.
Someday I hope to be able to repay his kindness by helping others.
"Paying it forward" is a great way to make a less than delightful day better!
Oldman5145 is offline   Reply With Quote