Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #15

Hello,

I wanted to add a "job well done" to the Speedco in San Antonio (off I10).

Changed:
Oil, oil filter, both fuel filters, rear differential oil. Generator, oil, fuel, oil and air filter. I supplied the air filter.

Lubed the chassis and when I asked if they could lube the steering wheel linkage, they did, no charge or questions asked.

Checked the front axle oil level/quality.

I will use a Speedco the next time I need service.
Mark- is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Kudos to Speedco

When I need an oil change, the next time I travel, I build a stop (1 1/2 hours) at Speedco into our schedule, they are at easy off, easy on the interstates all around they country. I had one done at the Harrisburg, PA store last December on our way south. It took 10 minutes to get in (they pull DP's in backwards) the oil, lube and filter change was done in under an hour. Including the analysis of both the oil and coolant, the total was $235.

One "trick" I use, I tell them to count the number of zirks they lube because when they are done there is going to be a quiz. When they tell me, if it is not the correct number I tell them it is wrong (not how many it should have been) and to please go back and lube them all. Only 1 time has that happened and they found the one they missed.

I find it runs about $200 for parts, so for me it is worth the $35 to have them do the work while I observe.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Just got service at Speedco in Aurora Oregon. The usual excellent service at a reasonable price .... Rotella oil, Baldwin fuel/oil/coolant filters, lube, fluid level checks in differential and steering, and tire pressure adjustments for just under $300 including environmental fee.
Is it actually in Aurora or at the truck stops on I-5 at the Aurora/Canby exit? I went by there last Thursday and again on Sat and didn't notice a sign for Speedco. I'm headed down to Junction City again on Thursday so I'll look closer as I might just let them work on the rig rather than doing it myself for the prices some are reporting.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:39 PM   #18

They are located on the west side of I-5 behind the truck stop.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #19

I use the Speedco off of Highway 99 in Ripon, CA and the one in Kingman, AZ. Both gave me quality service, great prices and went way out of their way to make sure I was a happy customer.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:09 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Just got service at Speedco in Aurora Oregon. The usual excellent service at a reasonable price .... Rotella oil, Baldwin fuel/oil/coolant filters, lube, fluid level checks in differential and steering, and tire pressure adjustments for just under $300 including environmental fee.
I had service done there last year and was less impressed. They did not install the generator fuel filter properly, leaving it leaking. They also refused to change the engine primary fuel filter. I didn't get a coherent explaination for that. Then they wanted $35 to check tire pressures. Really??
Yes, they are nice people, and yes they wanted me to watch them intall the engine drain plug and confirm the fill level. That's CYA, IMHO, not service. I'll use Speedco again, just not this one.

Cheers,
Old 11-09-2016, 12:30 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've a question about Speedco. I am new to DP and I will be picking up a new to us 2005 Newmar Northern Star, 350 hp Cummings on a Freightliner chassis this coming Thursday. I thought it would be prudent to have it fully serviced before I start driving this coach all over the place.

I've read on iRV2 and others that Speedco doesn't always have filters and fuel filters for these rigs. So, my question is will they or won't they have what I need? If so, I know I can get oil and air filters from Amazon but what about fuel filters and if needed a new air dry canister?

Thanks in advance for any information or advice that's offered.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:50 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
The times I've had oil/lub at Speedco they had the filters, even to my choice of brands, Baldwin or Fleetguard. However, with that said, we do carry fuel/oil filters with us. In previous SOB I have changed fuel filters in a parking lot, due to algae in fuel tank. So never leave home without them.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:49 AM   #23

As with any chain store, the quality of service depends on the individual manager.
I used SpeedCo for the first time this year. I believe it was in Aurora. The work and parts were reasonably priced and the staff were courteous. When I asked that they also change the coolant filter with the coach already in the bay, they did it with a smile.

I like the idea that their objective is to simply get the coach in and out and not come up with a list of additional things they could do for thousands of dollars.

My only concerns were:
1) I called the day before to verify they had all the parts for my generator. I was assured they did. While the work was being done, they mentioned that they did not have the air filter.
2) They asked me to sign a form that said they had demonstrated torquing the oil plug. They had not.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:55 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie72704 View Post
I've a question about Speedco. I am new to DP and I will be picking up a new to us 2005 Newmar Northern Star, 350 hp Cummings on a Freightliner chassis this coming Thursday. I thought it would be prudent to have it fully serviced before I start driving this coach all over the place.

I've read on iRV2 and others that Speedco doesn't always have filters and fuel filters for these rigs. So, my question is will they or won't they have what I need? If so, I know I can get oil and air filters from Amazon but what about fuel filters and if needed a new air dry canister?

Thanks in advance for any information or advice that's offered.
If you know the Baldwin part numbers you can call ahead and ask.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
If you know the Baldwin part numbers you can call ahead and ask.
" If so, I know I can get oil and air filters from Amazon but what about fuel filters and if needed a new air dry canister?"
Charlie,
Don't believe they advertise doing air dryer filters. Nor would I want them to do mine. Some things you still have to go to chassis or engine shop.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:03 AM   #26

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Is it actually in Aurora or at the truck stops on I-5 at the Aurora/Canby exit? I went by there last Thursday and again on Sat and didn't notice a sign for Speedco. I'm headed down to Junction City again on Thursday so I'll look closer as I might just let them work on the rig rather than doing it myself for the prices some are reporting.

If you go to https://www.speedco.com/en-us/locations#?store=337 you can get directions.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I guess it's like as posted earlier - depends on the store...
I wasted a trip to the Speedco on I-20 in Dallas...
after calling to get prices, and appt, and verifying they can do it...
got there and they were like a special bunch of doofuses !!!!
After waiting 25 minutes for their ONE Bay they had open out of 4 or 5 there
(guess they didn't want to dirty the others)

They asked me if it was a diesel !! and where the filters were !!!

I'm like it's a cummins diesel pusher - if you don't know, I don't want you working on it and chalked it up to incompetence... and laziness... went elsewhere!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:55 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I guess it's like as posted earlier - depends on the store...
I wasted a trip to the Speedco on I-20 in Dallas...
after calling to get prices, and appt, and verifying they can do it...
got there and they were like a special bunch of doofuses !!!!
After waiting 25 minutes for their ONE Bay they had open out of 4 or 5 there
(guess they didn't want to dirty the others)

They asked me if it was a diesel !! and where the filters were !!!

I'm like it's a cummins diesel pusher - if you don't know, I don't want you working on it and chalked it up to incompetence... and laziness... went elsewhere!
Wow. That's scary. Speedco corporate needs to hear this.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote