Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2018, 07:19 AM   #15

I live 40 miles from lazy days ; go there on as an as needed basis. You just have too know it wont be timely. I have learned a major problem for them are the parts suppliers. Carefree awning company sent the wrong topper and then said 4 weeks for the replacement. This applies to most , including the manufacturers. I purchased my phaeton from general rv in jacksonville which has a totally inept service dept and wont go back. They screwed up my awning so I went to the general rv in tampa with a broken bolt in the awning hoping the tampa location could be better than jacksonville ; they are worse. 6 hours to replace the bolt and it still doesnt close right.
If you want timely service lazy days wont; because they are swamped normally; throw in the snow birds , tampa show and then the hurricane damage
, forget it. Also you cant be passive ; you have to pay attention to what they are doing and inquire why. I have learned how to work them and am pleased with what I get.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2018, 07:28 AM   #16

American Coach Owners Club
I was there once to have the front ball joints replaced. Not Warranty on 2000 Eagle.

We had negotiated everything before hand. They said three days.
They finished in three days and I picked up the coach. They said a certain price and they charged that price.

I think probably the only reason they finished on time was it was the end of
the year, and they wanted the income in December (they stated that to me.)

That has been my only experience with Lazy Days Tampa and that one was good.
Dale70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Not enough trained technicians at most all dealerships to go around. And speculation that half a million more rv's to sell this year. A knowledgeable technician will start their mobile service and do better.
That is one of the good things I have heard about Tiffin as they will allow you to use mobile and other RV service centers for warranty work. Does not have to be a dealer.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:36 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Final chapter. Had our door window replaced, a window crank mechanism replaced and a safety switch replaced on driver seat. We received our exit pass and will be heading out in the morning. Work done was satisfactory, but I fail to see why it took almost 4 days to perform 3.5 hours of work. Clearly something needs to change.

Tags
service