Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Lazy Days Tampa service

We arrived at LD Monday afternoon for a scheduled Tuesday 10am service appointment. We were scheduled to have our entrance door window replaced. A few weeks ago we discoverd our drivers seat foot rest was not working and last week one of our window crank outs failed. Both were added prior to our arrival. As of the end of business today we have not had any work performed or scheduled. It seems that almost 2 complete days would be enough to of gotten at least something done. I was wondering if anyone else recently has had this service experience. I had hoped that they were mending there ways.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2018, 05:22 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Lazy Days Tampa service

Good luck it’s not good over there. Matter fact it’s not good most places that are big
highsticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:44 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You will want to watch this.https://youtu.be/zcpi02q4x6I
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:30 AM   #4

Horror story with those people.......promises, promises....they are polite, but that's all show. We have bought 4 rv's from them and the last was the straw that broke the camels back.
We dealt with LeMesa for warranty work after leaving LD.....very satisfied with ordering the part from Winnebago, calling us when to bring the coach in, and the work done in a timely manner.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:46 AM   #5

I live about 20 miles away from there and after my last couple of experiences, like yours, I won't go back. Last time, my "service advisor" wouldn't answer or return calls, so I demanded to speak with the manager. She did pick up the call, apologized and get the coach in for the work. I picked it up and the repair ( dash AC) didn't even last until I got home.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
You will want to watch this.https://youtu.be/zcpi02q4x6I
Yes and sad, but true with their enormous size and a lack of being able to manage it properly. Not to mention what it costs, so now try to imagine the cost of first class service. A real shame too and especially if they have to close up, if things go sour, like another recession, since we stop by there a lot and have even made it a weekend destination point.
Great fun looking at all the coaches and even though we never bought there and doubtful we'll ever let them do any work for us. We usually rent a golf cart while there, for looking around and they cost more than the campsite. Bicycles work well on their property, as well and without the many restrictions of where you can go and not go.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Robontheroad
We have had work done there twice. They accomplished the tasks for us. They are a bit slow, we wait on ours and stay at the hotel next door, it still seems very slow to us. Also they are very expensive.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #8

Once out of warranty, there is none better than Paul’s Rv in Wakurusa In. They do repair as well as custom work. We live in SC and travel there when we need work. Usually we plan a trip to Spartan Motors in Charlotte Mi for a chassis inspection and service at the same time.
Tireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:23 PM   #9

It's no different at General RV just down the road. We spent all day there having a Progressive Industries EMS protector installed, a roof vent cover installed and a water leak fixed. Everyone I talked with was unhappy with the time it took to get things done. An appointment time doesn't mean anything, just means you're meeting with your "service advisor" and then go into the queue.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #10

Bought there in 2006. Made two 8 hour trips there and never got things fixed right. Would never go near them again. Love our coach, hate the dealer
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:02 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Brief update. We checked in Tuesday at 10 for an appointment that we scheduled in mid January. It's now Friday and still no work done. Scheduled to have windows worked on this morning.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 AM   #12

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We used Lazy Days Tampa last year when we an oops on our previous rig that left a gouge all the way down the passenger side, front to back. We had Progressive Insurance and they had us bring it there. They did a really nice job, called us with a few questions and options, did the work in a week. We have no complaints. Maybe because it was insurance work instead of warranty????
Anyway, we bought a new DP from General RV in February. Have a couple of issues to address before we head North for the summer. Have an appointment today so I'll let you know how that turns out.......
Dave
MoHo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:28 AM   #13

So far im completely happy with lazy days. Bought new 3 weeks ago and issues have been promptly responded too and fixed
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:41 AM   #14

lazy days tampa service

Not enough trained technicians at most all dealerships to go around. And speculation that half a million more rv's to sell this year. A knowledgeable technician will start their mobile service and do better.
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service