Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2020, 06:34 PM   #1

LCI leveling help needed

Hello!

We are now visiting my in laws who winter in Mexico. Their motorhome developed an issue with the leveling system and I am trying to help them while I am here.

They own a Monaco Knight with a 3 legged LCI leveling system. All 5 lights labeled as follows are blinking: WAIT, JACKS DOWN, LOW VOLTAGE, ENGAGE PARK BRAKE, and EXCESS ANGLE

I only have my small phone with and researching on the internet is tough. Does anybody know these systems and know how to reset this? I believe it tripped out because of a low fluid condition. That has been remedied, the fitting which was leaking has been tightened and I followed the directions and have the jacks manually retracted! They have quite a few weeks left here and really need these jacks down and operatable!

We cannot get ANY of the other lights or power switch to activate. We cannot dump the air from the bags or anything. Can anybody offer helpful advice? If I leave without this fixed I worry that they will be stuck here not knowing how to manually get things back up and in.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
PPCPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2020, 06:42 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LCI levelers

We had a somewhat similar situation with our levelers in our Class C. Got stuck at a campsite with them down and had to have them manually retracted. A complete disconnect from power seemed to jar them back, however it was temporary and we only got a few more uses out of them until they had to be repaired. Try shutting off all power, including the house batteries for a hard reset and see if that helps.
McChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:51 PM   #3

I'm not familiar with a "3 legged LCI leveling system" but generally you can reset the leveling system one of two ways:

Press all 4 arrow direction keys at the same time, or
Press ENTER and RETRACT at the same time.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:51 PM   #4
RHR

I recently had the same issue after a low fluid issue. When I threw the circuit breaker on the frame to disconnect power, it did the trick. The panel reset and the jacks worked as they normally did prior to the fluid issue. It was driving me nuts, as the manual states the control resets after ignition power (key) is off, and when power is supplied next the control is reset. I assume you could momentarily disconnect a fuse, battery cable, etc that supplies the jack power system. Good luck with your issue.
RHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
I'm not familiar with a "3 legged LCI leveling system" but generally you can reset the leveling system one of two ways:

Press all 4 arrow direction keys at the same time, or
Press ENTER and RETRACT at the same time.
Thanks for the suggestions! Your comment got us going again! I did all 4 direction buttons at the same time and it reset and everything works as it should! His coach simply has 3 jacks instead of 4 like us “normal” people!😂
PPCPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:09 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
DANG !!!

I wish I could remember all these tips and tricks. This has to be the greatest site ever.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling