Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2022, 08:39 PM   #1

Leaking air

2006 Newmar Spartan chassis
The rear air seems to leak down, where as the front is fine stays for days
Even when stopping for a little while such as gassing up I have to wait for rear air to pump back up
I did crawl underneath today to see if I could hear any leaks after I ran engine
Checking air bags etc any ideas
Gordy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2022, 08:52 PM   #2

If your air suspension is leaking down, you don't want to be under the coach, looking for the leak.

Always block the chassis frame to the ground before going under the coach.

Contact Spartan motor home support for an air system diagram linked to your chassis serial number.
1-800-543-4277

The diagram will give you an idea of where, and how, the front suspension system is isolated from the rear so you can safely start searching with a soapy water solution.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:28 AM   #3

I found my ride height valve at the rear was leaking. The rear now stays up for weeks. I need to work on the front now. Get a spray bottle with a bit of dish soap and spray things to find what’s leaking.
rssnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:01 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Use a soapy water spray and squirt it on air lines and fittings until you find the bubbles. And be careful under there - block up the suspension so you can't get crushed.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, leak