Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #1

Leaking Door and Storage Bay

Hi everyone,

We have a 2016 Winnebago Vista 31be. We just picked it up from storage and when opening the main entry door my hand got wet. After further inspection I noticed that the window lip on the inside had a pool of water at the bottom and it was splashing when opening and closing.

After looking closer I also noticed the exterior storage bay next to the main entry door was also wet inside. It seems as though it it was starting to dry however the it was still wet and many of the boxes were also soggy and wet. The rubber seal around it looked fine. The compartment has an upper level (which holds one of the water tanks) and the bottom level. The upper level seems dry and the bottom level is what's damp and wet. We actually have a few trays that attach to our patio chairs and the cup holders in them had some water accumulating so it has to be dripping from somewhere. I'm guessing it's coming from the top of the storage door?

We just had an entire week of rain and received about 2-3 inches in a matter of days. My gutters were also overflowing at our home.

Is it normal for water to get in with heavy rains? Not sure where I would seal the main entry window. Anyone have any similar issues after heavy rains?

I attached some photos from a google search.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27142A-2016-Winnebago-Vista-20181207.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	232814  
Attached Images

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #2

Hi Everyone,

I believe I found the cause of the leaks.. thoughts? The first photo is the storage bay and what looks like the leak. This bay is right under the fridge so I'm not sure if it came through one of the vents on the roof. It looks to be a screw or rivet that came out.

The other is the window on the main entry door. Looks like separation on the window frame.

Any suggestions on what to seal it with? A silicone? I'm guessing whatever I use I can just plug up the hole in the storage bay. Your suggestions are appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5006.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	232866   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6962.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	232867  

Name:	IMG_8365.jpg