Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #15

Can you put the wires on before the light? Using the light or a thin nut to hold the wires in place, while using a hank-clinch type nut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nuts.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	60122

Or even this type of speed nut, with some silicon sealant around the outside.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	60123

I seen them both at Ace Hardware.

No drilling.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #16

Id just have to find some and try I guess. I have about an 1/8 of stud sticking out over the LED bulbs. I was hoping someone else had run into this before with some insight. Seems my RV is one of the few with this type of base/setup. Feel like I would have to have access to the inside of the cap to make anything work at this point. If I take the original studs out even Id have to find some longer and a way to attach them.
BOUNDER45601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:47 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
I looked up the M9 marker light and if the following link shows the your light I was wondering on the amber light (near the bottom of the page) it pretty much the same? To me it looks like where the post would come through the light base that that area has an extruded base. Could you cut that down with something like a dremel tool with a cutoff blade to give you the extra area you need? I wouldn't think you would compromise the strength of base mounting? Again I am just trying visualize what could possibly work. I do agree with you though in that you may have problem attaching a longer stud to something and making it secure.

M9 series Marker Lamp | Truck Lights & Lamps | Truck/Trailer | Super Bright LEDs
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood