Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Led lights

What is the best led strip lights for under the awning
Thanks
Larry
Creighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2015, 12:46 PM   #2

We bought ours from Amazon, around $30.00 Also bought an aluminum L channel and attached that to the LED strip. Placed Butyl tape on the channel and then riveted that to the RV.
The LED looks great and has many colors as well.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile LED

Go on ebay orAmazon for the LED strip. Cut to size you need it and glue it directly on to your Fiberglass, tie it in to your Porch light. Very easy installation and it looks good.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will deivate some.. I have a strip of Leds such as sold on Amazon here I used inside the RV (Replaced a florcesent set, Very happy with result) I would have to look up the brand but I got 'em from All-ELectronics, Trying to find the other reel of 'em.

But I have a shorter strip I got from Radio Shack, These are more expensive, but I used the "Demo" strip from that package for proof of concept.. Worked (Still working)

The advantage is that the RS strip is in a clear vinly "Tube" so it's more weather resistant.

Still.. If I were putting 'em under the awning.. I woudl go with the exposed strip and water proof it.. I really like how the one I have now turned out.

I put the RS strip up at church for the keyboardist to use.. Lit up the area like you can't believe and you can count the watts on the fingers of one hand,.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Larry! This is what we did.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/got-m...ed-227755.html

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:54 AM   #6

I used the channel so the lights would shine down.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #7

I have LED strips installed both under the curb side of the coach and to the awning rail. Both are controlled separately. I bought all the strips, RF controllers and wiring on Amazon.com. Depending on the desired light, I may have one or both on. I normally dim them down so that our site doesn't resemble the Griswald's house on Christmas vacation. I do not recommend gluing them to the side of the coach. I have had the strip under the coach have connectivity problems in mid string. I ended up replacing them. Nothing goes on the paint. I also use the 3M molding tape to mount them. Once it's stuck, it won't come off unless you want it to.
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Could you give me the model brand and model numbers please.
Also how did you get power to the lights
Thanks
Larry
Creighton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light, lights