Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 AM   #57

What is 01 20 13?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:00 AM   #58

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqracn View Post
What is 01 20 13?
It's referring to inauguration day after the next Presidential election. Without getting too political folks are looking forward to BO's last day in office, just like 01-20-09 was called by many the end of an error.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight View Post
It's referring to inauguration day after the next Presidential election. Without getting too political folks are looking forward to BO's last day in office, just like 01-20-09 was called by many the end of an error.
But it could also be interpreted as BO's greatest accomplishment. So it is totally up to the user's own interpretation of it.
CrossCountryNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #60
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis

Folks, let's back on topic and away from the political talk which is not permitted by the rules.

Thanks.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight View Post
A lot of other folks think that will be his re-election day....remember how we got this way - not because of BO!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #62

Send a message via MSN to FatDog

alright now i finally see what that date is referring to,

but if that is the sort of stuff that that "jerk" of a moderator over there deletes then I think he is on the right path (or at least occaisionally) ,
i think there ought to be some leeway for intelligent poli communication on these forums but zero tolerance for what might be just idle poli antaganizing,

this forum here fits my personality better,
and if you can respectfully voice a political idea that truly is germaine to the the nature of the thread, then i'll betcha that it becomes part of the thread permanently here,
its a terribly fine line
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #63

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post

alright now i finally see what that date is referring to,

but if that is the sort of stuff that that "jerk" of a moderator over there deletes then I think he is on the right path (or at least occaisionally) ,
i think there ought to be some leeway for intelligent poli communication on these forums but zero tolerance for what might be just idle poli antaganizing,

this forum here fits my personality better,
and if you can respectfully voice a political idea that truly is germaine to the the nature of the thread, then i'll betcha that it becomes part of the thread permanently here,
its a terribly fine line
Do you see anybody going to political boards and posting about RVs? Me neither. I think he should have been told to remove it instead of having it done for him, but political topics being banned is just fine by me. I'm on three motorcycle forums that have been ruined by having a politics forum. If you want political dialogue, go to a political board.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Let's just drop the politics and get back to the RV life on the forum.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #65

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Let's just drop the politics and get back to the RV life on the forum.

Ken
It must be something in the water. I looked at RV.NET this morning and there were several newly closed threads due to personal attacks and jumping into politics. I just lost a thread here to closure because of personal attacks. What I don't see is why some threads seem to get pulled in the wrong direction more than others but some of the most seemingly innocent ones go awry. One closed threads on RV.NET today was started by a guy posting a picture of a propane tank leaking which degenerated into name calling and heated discussion about propane dispersion. It was a shame that the truth about the reported problem was buried in all of the vitriol.

It doesn't appear to matter whether it is RV.NET or any other forum. When the mods provide warnings and people continue to post in exception to the forum rules, action is required. I just wish that those who habitually and repeatedly do it faced revocation of forum access. IMHO, failure to do that is why RV.NET has the problem that it has.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #66

It makes sense to close threads that have gone in the wrong direction, or have broken Forum rules, but I don't think that they should be made to disappear.
It seems to me, that there is often very good information in these threads....both here, and at RV.net, that is important to many people. The moderators can "edit" and delete sections of the thread, but to take the entire thing off, well that looks like the "easy" way out....

The discussion about LP leaks may help someone avoid a similar problem....so it's good if it's left to be viewed...even if additional comments can't be made....a person could PM the OP if they felt that there was a need.

That said, the Moderators do a damn good job....most of the time, so it really falls back on us, to rein in our emotions and keep things civil.
PapPappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #67

I have been using both this and RVNET for several years and think they are both fine. They have been very helpful.
Tom

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote