Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #29

Florida Cooters Club
We, too, are grateful for the information we have received from all the on-line forums. Must admit tho that we are partial to IRV2, just because we have met so many really nice people here. Sadly there are those on some forums who have to express their frustrations on the less RV enlightened among us, ourselves included. Hopefully they will have a better day tomorrow.

Best to all....Jack&Rita
widowson1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like RV.Net and iRV2, both sites have their place and I'm on both equal an amount of time. The moderators on any site have a tough, thankless job as you can't please everyone. I have noticed there's much less "bullying" here than there. I tend to ignore the malcontents and use the blocking feature, it makes it much more pleasant when visiting!
jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagypsy View Post
I still go there and post some as well as other RV forums. Each one is a little different. I think some of you are being way to nice though because the moderation on RV.net just outright sucks, no other way to put it. They seem to be on some power trip all the time.
On second thought, I agree more with what you say than what I said about the RV.net mods in my earlier posting.
rick_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #32

I was asking questions on one of the threads(on RV Net),I sent an e-mail with a particular comment to someone on that thread(nothing out of line,I am always polite)and I was prevented from posting replies after that.No explanation.Are they that threatened?ldsord
Old 06-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #33
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I also use both RV.Net and this forum and totally agree with the majority of the posters about the difference in the civility scale in both forums. There are a few posters at RV.Net that are just trolling or waiting for a chance to post rude/nasty comments or answers on just about anything someone would post. But, sometimes you just have to take it with a grain of salt. Maybe, the cloak of anonymity afforded by this medium has emboldened some of them to do what they are doing.
Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:24 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Well - After I found this forum I quit looking elsewhere. I take the open mindedness here as a positive way to help. Some of my posts may have helped someone;just as the replies i have received have benefited me. If it's "my way or the highway" i guess that's why the interstate is so full. There's always a way to get home even if the roads got a fork-mud-bridge out- whatever- patience returns more than we ever expect. Just keep on posting and help us all.
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:57 AM   #35

I ran into an individual there with a bit of an attitude. He made a posting that was based upon out-dated information. By his own admission, he had not looked at this particular product in a good number of years, but he somehow felt he was still the authority on it.

When I attempted to point out that his information was mistaken using specific, current product data and specs complete with website links, he responded with a personal attack on me, basically implying my opinion was meaningless.

That said, I still drop in on a fairly regular basis, and continue to post when I feel I have something worthwhile to offer, kind of like what I do here.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #36

Appalachian Campers
It's getting where I post here more than there. I've had a few problems with members that just need to make you feel crappy as they do, and it's gotten old.

I cross posted identical threads and while I didn't get a single reply here I got some petty ones there. Cross posting is a good litmus test I think, can give a good feel for how the different forums react.

Of course YMMV, that's why each seem to do well. Each forum suits people differently.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:30 AM   #37

I'm fairly new to this site.....and I find that both iRV2.com and RV.net have both have advantages over each other...and that makes them both great, in my book.

RV.net is the 800 pound Gorilla in the RV Forum arena....with a huge following. It seems that at times, it becomes overwhelmed with itself...and the moderators do things that don't make any sense. But, since I do things that don't make sense at times, I figure they are entitled.

This site has a great community, but I'm working on getting used to finding my way around it. I like many of the options (a much greater collections of smilies, for example) and such....but it seems as if the threads don't get as much attention as the RV.net ones do.

I will remain with both....and any other RV forum that I find, because it's an educational experience, and we all need to learn a bit more from time to time.....very few of us are "Experts", but we can all toss in our two-cents, from personal experiences, which will help out our fellow RVers.

Moderators on both sites do an excellent job....yeah, give 'em a raise!

PapPappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:34 AM   #38

Both are great sites. The only thing I dont like about Irv2 is it allows advertising sponsers.[I know thats how the place runs] I hate when i go to lets say a shock question a guy will ask whats better Koni or Bilstein and the next thing a member usually a moderator will be saying and dont forget Joe Blow sells them and he is a sponser. If I wanted to know were to get them i would have asked and im sure I can find them cheaper somewere else. This place has better smilies though
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #39

Really new to this forum also & just trying to find my way around. Nice to see a few familiar names. Like PapPappy belong to a number of sites. Follow each for different reasons / friends pick up along the way. Have not personally had anything but good response from mods. JMHO, K
maddog348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #40

Howdy!

We fulltime an I look at three forums each day Escapees, RV.NET and IRV2. Each has something to offer and thy to get past the other stuff.

"Happy Trails"
chiefnon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #41

I look at both of them, also others to gain information and give information when I think I can give imput. I don't worry about who reviews what.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom View Post
I also use both RV.Net and this forum and totally agree with the majority of the posters about the difference in the civility scale in both forums. There are a few posters at RV.Net that are just trolling or waiting for a chance to post rude/nasty comments or answers on just about anything someone would post. But, sometimes you just have to take it with a grain of salt. Maybe, the cloak of anonymity afforded by this medium has emboldened some of them to do what they are doing.
Well said ROM!! I've gotten tired of the nastiness/pettiness that can be displayed on rv.net. Got tons of useful info off the site over the years but the negativity could be a real drag. The funny part is that I followed a link in a rv.net thread to this site. So far I'm finding this site to be much more civil.

Don