Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I level side to side then front and back if needed. Then put out the slides. Have never had the entry door binding.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #30
def

Send a message via Yahoo to def
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";1831701]Most refrigerators are install level in your coach's when built, you level your coach your fridge will be happy with the coach level. If the level sensor for jack system is [URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/hwh-leveling-system-adjustment-50040.html
out of wrack than get it fixed.[/URL]

Wood pads or plastic can be used on soft turf or ground to give a more firmer foot print for jack pad.

If you have AUTO LEVEL make sure your on a level pad if not than level your coach manually or run the risk of popped or cracked windshields.

Lighting hitting the coach are numbered but if your protected power wise you should lead a good life.

Here is a link to a few items that may help you out and to understand a few things in your coach.
If anyone is interested there are three links in my signature below to more interesting stuff.

Be safe and enjoy your RV's.
Holy cow man, 17,000+ posts...do you ever sleep?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2.
I try but some people need help and I have been around here since 2004 and I have sleepless nights.
Just enjoy helping out new people enjoying this new adventure of theirs.
Enjoy the forums and safe travels, def.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #32

I'm not sure I understand the physics behind the assertion that leveling front to back first instead of side to side will cause the frame to flex?

But ... the manual I have for the Ford F chassis (HWH operator's manual) is to lower the jack pair (either front,rear or side to side) having the yellow light until that light goes out. It says only one yellow light will ever be on at a time. After getting the light out is goes on to say to lower the remaining jack pair until the touch the ground for further stability.

If the built in levels aren't indicating correctly, there is a way to adjust the level sensing unit (providing you can find the little bugger!).
Old Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
I level side to side then front and back if needed. Then put out the slides. Have never had the entry door binding.
I put the slides out and then level if the place iam parking is within reason of level
I like to level manually and use a level on the "floor".I check front and 2/3 way to rear
If the bathroom door will sit at whatever position I place it at I know Iam dead level
McRvnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
Holy cow man, 17,000+ posts...do you ever sleep?
He's been helping RVers at iRV2 since 2004.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lenth of Jacks

Is there a relationship to the distance..length....of the distance the jack travels to the ground......... to the amount of wiggle when leveled.

I have noticed a few 40 plus footers are using 5-6 stacking blocks under the pads so the jacks don't have to travel far to secure the rig on a level site.

I just use one especially if on level site...should i used more?

Thanks!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #36

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Different jack systems work differently but if you have POWER GEAR Hydrauic, very slightly over extend the front jacks,,, Like 2 inches.

THEN lower the rears.. POWER gear hydraulics there is really only a "Single" jack in the front even if it has two lets (They are connected so they teeter totter) so side to side leveling is done by the rear jacks only.

NOW: if you have a DIFFERENT brand of jacks.. Investigate, if they work the same as my Power Gear jacks do not work (Mine have issues, I told you how they SHOULD work) same applies, if not,

Then disregard all but the last paragraph of this post.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:09 AM   #37

I have Atwood electric jacks.
When I park, I hit the "Extend All" button. All jacks go down until they hit the ground, and then stop. Each jack is independent during that phase. Once all jacks have contact, I level from there. The Atwood system is controlled in such a way that you have to move two jacks at a time, unless you intentionally override the system.
So once they're on the ground, if you hit the "front" button, both front jacks extend. If you hit the "Left" button, both left-side jacks extend.

I level first, then extend slides, then readjust. My driver's side slide is a full wall, 22', so sometimes when I extend that, that side of the coach needs to be brought back up a bit, depending on how soft the ground is.

Jim
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:36 AM   #38

I use the door method to find out if the coach is level or not. Putting a level on the dash will work only if you're sure the dash was mounted level. The same for a counter top. Heck I even get different readings putting the level on our hardwood floor in different places.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
lol, why I say this OUT LOAD i will never know but having the MH a tad up in the rear, and a slight lean to to the left when laying down works great for me.
The rear being up a tad helps with not feeling your sleeping upside down, and my wife sleeps on the right side....seems she always Snuggling... :-]
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling