Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2020, 04:04 PM   #1

Level Circuit breaker

Does anyone know where the breaker is between the battery and the solenoid on the leveling pump for a 2006 Fleetwood Providence 39L? I have called Fleetwood and several dealers and they told me I would just have to go fishing for it. Even the same year and models may be in a different place. I have torn my RV apart trying to find it. I have tried tracing the 01 wires from both ends and they disappear somewhere that you can't see.
Jdauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2020, 05:25 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Do you have any info on your leveling system ?

Brand ? Model #

My HWH levelers , use a 40 amp inline fuse mounted within a foot of the , fluid reservoir and hydraulic pump .

On my 99 Freightliner / Newmar, the 12 volt C/B that powers the levelers , also powers the gen set starter. ( 150 amp. )

Is your coach on a Freightliner chassis?
Old 06-05-2020, 06:51 AM   #3

It is a Lippert Leveling system, I don't have the model number. I have the wire out about two feet in from the pump and two feet from the battery, no breaker to be found. I am going to pull the wire out today completely and see if I can find it. The schematic from Fleetwood does not show a breaker but I can't believe it does not have one and I doubt the 01 wire would break or burn through. I can't believe it does not have one. It is a Freightliner 2006 Chassis.

Thanks for your reply! Will let you know what I find out today.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:20 AM   #4

My guess would be close to battery bank.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #5

I have a 2008 journey and mine is in-line fuse in compartment where electrical plug and inverter are Up in right side rubber cover Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	288388Click image for larger version

ID:	288388Click image for larger version

ID:	288388
mrrebel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:54 AM   #6

Thanks for all the replies. After 40+ hour of tearing stuff apart, including pulling the wire up to the battery, I finally figured it out and boy do I feel stupid. I put new batteries in this spring and for whatever dumb reason I put the cable going to the solenoid on the negative terminal. In forty years of working on equipment and cars I have never done anything dumber. I wouldn't even post this unless I thought maybe someone else could have the same problem. Also there was no breaker between the battery and solonoid. I found a really good video that takes you through step by step how to check out the leveling system.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #7

I'm glad that you've got your system operational ; and thanks for posting that you've got things fixed and what the problem was .

JMHO: If the cable that was hooked up incorrectly is black ; that would be an easy mistake ; next time your in an auto parts store , pick up some RED electricians tape and wrap that cable, and any other wire that you notice that may be a future issue.

I don't know what the power requirements for your Lippert system are ; but I do find it very odd that there is no fuse or circuit breaker ; seems to me that any cable over three feet should have one , by wiring code.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
FYI, Winnebago feeds the Lippert Level Up Motor thru a 2 gauge wire protected by a 100 Amp Bolt Mount ANL Fuse that they feed directly from the chassis load side of the chassis power disconnect contactor, if you want to add a fuse or circuit breaker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker, circuit breaker