Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2021, 12:17 PM   #1

Leveler jack alarm

So we were west bound on I-90 a few days ago in South Dakota and it was raining hard and the wind was really blowing. We had slowed down as we were heading towards a small truck stop ahead to let the storm pass by when a semi passed us and as he went by I gave him a flash on the headlights when the jacks down alarm sounded. It activated for about 2 seconds and stopped.
After reaching the truck stop and letting the storm back off we checked the jacks and all was good and we never had the alarm again. I suspect water at one of the jack contacts but wanted some other thoughts.
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2021, 01:59 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
May need to top off the reservoir for the jacks. My alarm senses the fluid not being at the level of the sensor. Mine uses atf fluid.
BOOZE TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #3

Jack's

Mine did the same last fall, added hydro. fluid and it stopped, didnt take a whole lot.
sledhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #4

Thanks Booze and Sled, I will check it out.
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:35 PM   #5

Definitely suspect the hydraulic fluid. My buzzer would go off when I took a left turn onto a highway ramp Too fast (even when the reservoir was full). So you may not actually need to add fluid (or it wont change anything).

But mine did get to the point where it lost fluid slowly over time (years, not days or months), and one day tried to bring jacks up in the morning, and the thing went to constant alarm. So … best to carry some ATF fluid with you, just in case…. [emoji4]