Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2021, 10:56 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Leveling Jack Issue

I put Snap pads on the MH and now both front jacks drift down in storage. Is this a valve issue or the pressure switch? It is an LCI Level-up system
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Manual says this;

Coach bleeds down after jacks are extended. Possible fluid leak. Check for fluid leaks and repair or replace components as necessary.

Jack bleeds down after being retracted. Valve Manual Override open. Close Override
Old 02-04-2021, 09:15 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
Manual says this;

Coach bleeds down after jacks are extended. Possible fluid leak. Check for fluid leaks and repair or replace components as necessary.

Jack bleeds down after being retracted. Valve Manual Override open. Close Override
Which manual? Mine does not say that.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:33 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...ers_manual.pdf

Level up manual for Winnies, thru 9/15
Old 02-04-2021, 09:40 AM   #5

If you're in very temps right now the manual also says this:

Note: In colder temperatures (less than 10° F) the jacks may extend and retract slowly due to the fluid’s molecular nature. For cold weather operation, fluid specially formulated for low temperatures may be desirable. Please consult fluid specifications on Page 16.
mr.tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:44 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...ers_manual.pdf

Level up manual for Winnies, thru 9/15
That is not the manual I have mine is
level up winnebago WBLVL2
Old 02-04-2021, 12:46 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.tommy View Post
If you're in very temps right now the manual also says this:

Note: In colder temperatures (less than 10° F) the jacks may extend and retract slowly due to the fluid’s molecular nature. For cold weather operation, fluid specially formulated for low temperatures may be desirable. Please consult fluid specifications on Page 16.
It was doing this before the cold and the curbside did it before the snap pads now they both do it Front only
Old 02-04-2021, 12:57 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
From your description it sounds like you have power up/power down jacks? If so, then it's probably the solenoid on the hydraulic pump leaking by. If they are spring return, then the springs have weakened. I had the power up/power down type on our Itasca and had problems with one jack slowly dropping to where it activated the jacks down alarm.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:41 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
From your description it sounds like you have power up/power down jacks? If so, then it's probably the solenoid on the hydraulic pump leaking by. If they are spring return, then the springs have weakened. I had the power up/power down type on our Itasca and had problems with one jack slowly dropping to where it activated the jacks down alarm.
If it was the solenoid would all of them lower and not just the front. No springs on this unit. I have not noticed them losing pressure and retracting when I am camping only drifting down mostly in storage.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:59 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
It does look like there is a common "up" solenoid for all jacks (diagram p 19) so maybe the front snap pads are heavier or it's closer to the pump so the fluid is easier to move. I tried to upload the manual but it's too large. Go here to get a copy:
https://docplayer.net/53596964-Owner...vl2-up-to.html

According to troubleshooting on p22
Jack bleeds down after being retracted.
Valve Manual Override open.
Close Override, See pg. 14, Fig 8.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:57 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
It does look like there is a common "up" solenoid for all jacks (diagram p 19) so maybe the front snap pads are heavier or it's closer to the pump so the fluid is easier to move. I tried to upload the manual but it's too large. Go here to get a copy:
https://docplayer.net/53596964-Owner...vl2-up-to.html

According to troubleshooting on p22
Jack bleeds down after being retracted.
Valve Manual Override open.
Close Override, See pg. 14, Fig 8.
That's the same manual I gave him a link to, he said it's not his manual. The troubleshooting chart is the same thing.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:54 PM   #12
NXR

For the LevelUp system, each jack has an individual solenoid valve on the manifold that can be opened with an Allen wrench for the manual retract procedure. Make sure the Allen screws are all snugged up.

For extension, each jack has its own hydraulic connection to the manifold.

For retraction, every jack is connected together. This is key. It means that when the pressure is released, it's released on all jacks at the same time.

It also means that if one jack has an internal extension-to-retraction leak, ANY of the jacks can drift down, not necessarily the one with the internal leak.

Call Lippert and they will have a person on the phone who actually works on the product, not a script-reader. They can tell you exactly how the system works and how to test each jack to find out which one is leaking internally.

This thread details what happened to me and what the Lippert tech told me. I never did have to perform the leak bypass test because whichever one was leaking reseated itself and has never happened again. Yet...

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...up-219726.html

Good luck,

Ray
Old 02-06-2021, 09:27 AM   #13

Sounds as if you suspect the snap pads might have something to do with it. To me that's very unlikely - however, how about removing them and see if the problem persists - - -
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:04 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Sounds as if you suspect the snap pads might have something to do with it. To me that's very unlikely - however, how about removing them and see if the problem persists - - -
They did it before the Snap pads, but only the curbside front. the snap pads made the other front drop

Tags
leveling