Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2021, 10:17 AM   #1

Leveling Jacks Confused with Hydraulic Slide

I own a Winnebago Journey 36L known to my wife and I as Winnie Jo. We recently have been having erratic performance by the leveling jacks with the control panel suddenly becoming non-responsive and all lights going blank.

Yesterday afternoon I closed the rear slide to move Winnie Jo a few feet. When I attempted to extend the slide I could hear the hydraulic pump running but no movement of the slide.

This morning I went out to Winnie Jo to see if the evil spirits had left and the slide would work. When I tried to extend the slide I heard the pump running as before but also noticed the sound of the springs on the leveling jacks extending.

I went out to see if my ears were deceiving me. Sure enough all four leveling jacks had deployed but the slide did not move. Must be some wires crossed somewhere.

Can anyone offer an explanation and suggest a fix?
Warrenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #2

Check hydraulic oil levels.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #3

I suspect you are correct. Closely check all ground wire connections first, then positive wire connections. FWIW over 89% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #4

Sounds like the solenoid valve for the slide is not opening. Check the ground
and then also see if there is power to the valve. Lippert has some good
manuals for their products on their wedsite.
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDISCOVERY View Post
Sounds like the solenoid valve for the slide is not opening. Check the ground
and then also see if there is power to the valve. Lippert has some good
manuals for their products on their wedsite.
JimB

Went out this morning and drove Winnie Jo up on blocks to see if I can fix the jacks and slide. Cleaned the grounds for the solenoids and problem solved. Easy fix.

The new fabric for the slide topper came this morning so installation of that will be the afternoon project.

Owning an older motorhome is a full time job.
Warrenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenjo View Post
Went out this morning and drove Winnie Jo up on blocks to see if I can fix the jacks and slide. Cleaned the grounds for the solenoids and problem solved. Easy fix.

Owning an older motorhome is a full time job.
Funny, I was just thinking the other day that I spend more time on our newer MH than on the two previous older models.
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, hydraulic, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, slide